Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to reality

Well, the stretch of gorgeous May-like weather is gone. Back to winter! Man, I sure hope not! It's seasonably cool out there again. March weather. Ugh. I just looked at the forecast and the high on Friday is supposed to be only 38 degrees. SO cruel! It was just 70 on Saturday, for pete's sake. Looks like my little pots of violas will have to spend some time in the back hallway by the end of the week with lows in the 20s on their way. Oh, I just can't think about how cold that's going to feel. Yuck.

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. For most people this would be somewhat of a fun occasion, but he is not fond of birthdays or celebrating them AT ALL. Last year he was downright surly on his birthday, so I have learned not to make a big deal of it. I used to decorate the house with balloons and signs and streamers, but he just sort of tolerated it more than really liking it.

See, I am an only child and TO THIS DAY I always feel like something extra special is going to happen on my birthday! I'm 44 going on about 10 when it comes to my birthday! My husband tries to make and effort to make it special (it's on May 30th for anyone who'd like to send flowers or buy me diamonds or something along those lines!! ha haa!), but he just really doesn't care about the whole rigamarole of the birthday thing.

It's really not my fault. I was given amazing presents, had fabulous parties - once even with a magician, annnnd it took me a long time to realize that my birthday was not the reason everyone had a vacation day! My birthday is generally right around Memorial Day, so I thought "Gee! How nice that everyone takes this Monday off to celebrate my birthday!" I was a little self-centered. That's how it is when you're an only! NOT MY FAULT!!!

So, I have no pretty flowers to show you today since it's dreary and chilly out. All the crocuses are folded up tight today.

I will leave you, instead, with a picture of our goofy dog. Aside from the scary looking eyes, how adorable is he with his upsidedownness? (Click on the photo to enlarge it...It's worth it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment