See? Still pretty cranky. Better today though as the sun is shining and that always lifts my spirits.
My exciting day has consisted of doing the dishes, cleaning the floors (AGAIN! The house is always a mess thanks to my hairy, sheddy dogs), doing laundry, grocery shopping and going tanning. I know, I know. Tanning is not good for you in the scheme of things. However, I have psoriasis which, in another lovely turn of events, seems to be aggravated right BEFORE Aunt Flo's visit, so not only am I all bloaty and sad, I get the psoriasis acting up. Very pretty, I am.
ANNNNYway, I went to a dermatologist a few years back and he actually recommended tanning to help keep the psoriasis at bay! Yipppppeeeeee! A health professional actually telling me I can go tanning with his blessing? JACKPOT!! See, I've always liked being tan - even as a kid, we'd slather on the baby oil with iodine in it (I have no idea why) and then we'd roast ourselves in the sun all summer long. Even my poor, very fair friend, Natalie would do this and turn herself into a crispy red mess!
Why on EARTH our parents let us do this (Hi, Mom!) is beyond me! I guess that was back in the day when kids were actually kids and didn't spend all their dang time on computers FaceSpacing each other and texting and being all, you know, virtual, instead of actually playing outside in the dirt and lighting fires and fun things like that. OH, MAN, was I a pyromaniac when I was a youngster. One of the few times I got into real trouble was when I lied about stealing matches. Bad, bad girl.
OK, I digress. Back to the tanning thing. I grew up in Michigan. Northern Michigan, lower peninsula. I ain't no Yooper! If you have spent any time in Michigan you will know of the coldness and cloudiness. The winters and looooonnnnng, my friends. I would get terrible, terrible depression in the winters and finally learned that it's an actual disorder called SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. I discovered that the Vitamin D and light from the tanning beds made a significant difference in my SADness. Really a big difference. So, each winter since I was about 20, I've been a faithful tanning person. Not a ton, once a week. And the other benefit? I look so much better than all the pasty white people running around here! HA!!
In other news, my onions are sprouting. No, that's not a euphemism for anything else! They're sprouting pretty green shoots that are now aobut 7 or 8 inches high! I've had them sprout the tiniest little green bit in the past but nothing like this! I have never seen an onion bloom, but apparently they do!

I know it's logical since alliums and those cute little grape hyacinth plants that I have are all onions, for realsies:


OK. Off to walk the dogs. Later, alligator.



Thank you. Loved it. LOL at title. xxoo
ReplyDeleteI thought tanning beds increased your chance of melanoma by eight times or something. I would love it if someone told me I could go, because I currently look like Edward Cullen. But not in a good way. I mean, if Edward Cullen had puffy abs.
ReplyDeleteMelanoma be damned.
Did I mention Aunt Flo sucks?
I know that they can cause cancer...So can just about anything at this rate. ENOUGH with the cancer.
ReplyDeleteApparently it works to help psoriasis.
Oh. I think you did mention that somewhere!!