Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not so hot, you?

First, a shout out to my friend, E, whose birthday is today! Hollaaaah!!

Second, I am definitely not feeling so hot today. The chills in the middle of the night were among the alarm bells that some sort of bug had gotten in to wreak havoc on my innards. Dang bugs. So, I've got the nice little sore throat and the aches and such. Especially nice to go along with the crampiness that Aunt Flo brought. Really a nice combo, wouldn't you say?

Third, I'm no longer cranky, so that's a bonus! Too tired to be cranky!

Fourth, the weather is supposed to get MUCH better this upcoming week! Yipppeeee!

Lastly, I'm getting nervous! I have been asked by our local garden club to do a talk on how to plant window boxes and planters! I did a similar talk about a year and a half ago, but this is for people who actually know what they're doing!! EeeeK! I will be doing the talk later in the week, so wish me luck!

Somehow I have to fill up an hour on putting dirt in a planter and then planting stuff. Hmmm. Seems I might have to embellish a bit, no?

Also, too, quite exciting is that the garden club has also asked me to be the "prize" in a big raffle-fundraiser thing they're doing. I am the grand prize (hee heee!) for the lucky winner and will go shopping with them for plants and then will consult with them on how to arrange said plants in their flower boxes!

Can you even imagine? I figure it will be good exposure for my business, and how often does a gal get to be the grand prize in a contest?

Maybe I can pull off something similar to this nice little arrangement:I'm kidding! I'm kidding! That looks just plain sad.

Or this little number I found on a site dedicated to teaching people how to plant a flower box!It's horrid. Just horrid!

OK. Wish me luck. Wish me better. Wishing for Aunt Flo to take a hike!

4 comments:

  1. Truer words have not been spoken, Junie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a garden club member, and believe me, most of us are far from experts! It's the actual thought of gardening that we love so much! ;-)

    Well, at least some of my fellow club members. There are a few of us who have some horticultural knowledge, but we are few and far between. And actually, you're talking DESIGN, which is a whole different ballgame. Most people are not good at/intimidated by garden/windowbox design.

    Good luck, and have a great time. If you just act like yourself, people will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, Deb! Most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete