Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twitchy

This is ridiculous! I used to speak in front of hundreds of people on a daily basis. Now the thought of getting up in front of a group of garden aficionados is making me have a twitch in my eye. What the...?

The talk I'm giving is tomorrow evening, so I have at least another 24 hours to work myself into a fine, frothy frenzy. HATE being nervous!

The good news? The deluge is over for now. We have really had some serious rain over here this March. I know I keep saying this, but it's been really bad for a lot of people. Not only did our governor declare Essex County a disaster area, President Obama also declared our area a disaster area which frees up some funds for the cities that have been hit so hard with flooding like you can only imagine!

Here's our McDonald's drive-thru: Would you like a fish with that burger?

This restaurant (and I use that term very loosely!) is on a street aptly named Canal Street. In the past this was an actual canal. Someone thought, "Hey, let's fill this in and build lots of buildings on it. That's a good idea, right?" No. Wrong. Not a good idea at all! Nature always tries to reclaim what we humans try to take over.

The thing is, every single dang time we get a heavy rain, this area floods. And, why is this news? This is not new! It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME we get a heavy rain.

Want to know another bad idea? The Discovery Channel has made a deal with Sarah Palin to do a show for them. Are you even KIDDING me, Discovery Channel? REALLY? The woman didn't know the difference between a "country" and a "continent." That is geography 101 and the Discovery Channel is seriously considering giving her a show? There is something very wrong with the world. SHE KILLS WOLVES FOR SPORT, Discovery Channel.

Oh, I just really can't stand it.

Please sign this petition to urge the Discovery Channel to reconsider. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. No need to twitch. Just remember what your great-grandfather used to say:"They can't eat ya!". xxoo

    ReplyDelete