I am making soup. How's that for a segue? I'm good like that. Smooth transistions are what I'm all about.
SO not true! Even my life is a non-sequiter. Early this afternoon I was all dressed up for a business thing. Ran a couple errands and then made a quick change into jeans and fleece to help my husband on the boat. Yes, we worked on the boat even in this pouring, driving rain. Our boat is all covered so it's sort of like being in a tent. Sort of. If your tent is 10 feet up in the air (our boat is propped up on land on these stilt-like thingys) and very roomy! What I'm trying to impart, I guess, is that I'm not your regular 9-5 person that puts on an outfit in the morning and then later that day would still be in that same outfit.
I tried that once. You know, being the "responsible" adult, working 9-5 in an office, getting benefits. It lasted one year. I have never, ever, EVER been so miserable as I was that year. I cried and cried all the time.
My husband is sort of the same. Not with the crying part, but with the part about being in an office all day. We are zippy-zoomers and absolutely cannot sit and do office worky-type things. It's just not in our genetics.
My parents were also sort of always different. Growing up, my Dad was a well-known radio announcer, which was really kinda cool! I'd get to do commercials with him once in a while, as would my Mom, so that was neat. Plus, he was the morning man that everyone listened to when they were getting ready for work and school, so that was also really cool. My Mom (Hi, Mom!) was and still is an artist. She had her own advertising agency and would do cool things like aerial photography to get photos for a beautiful slide show someone hired her to do or something else interesting and creative. Later when I was in highschool, she managed rock-and-roll bands. Yes, you heard me right, she managed bands! Nobody huge that you would know, but it still was VERY different from the other Moms I knew, right?
So, I come from a long line of weirdness. So does my husband, but I won't go into that here! I can out my family's weirdness, but not his. I've got my boundaries, man!
The reason I'm making soup, you ask? (Nice segue again, huh?) Is because it's Passover and my lovely husband is Jewish. He's not a practicing Jew, but we still like to observe the holidays, as we do Christmas and Easter. We used to celebrate Passover every year with his Mom and Grandparents, but his beloved Nanny and Gramps have passed on. So we now celebrate with his Mom and our good friends as he is also Jewish and enjoys the Passover Seder. It's a lovely tradition. And, one of the basic parts of the Seder dinner is matzoh ball soup.
MAN, is it good! If you have never had matzoh ball soup, do yourself a favor and find a restaurant or deli that serves it. It's really delish.Ok. Off to walk the dogs. More like, let's find an ark and take the dogs for a ride. Oy.
Happy Passover!



I "represent" that remark. I prefer to think of you and I as unique ... not weird. Well, maybe a little weird. How'bout a recipie for that yummy soup???? xxoo
ReplyDelete