Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lobster rolls, chowdah and cupcakes

Oh my GOODness! When you've been eating really well; low carb, no white foods, no sugar, you know, really diety-like and then when some random occasion arises and you break all the rules and eat anything? Did you notice how amazingly AWESOME those bad things taste?

Yesterday was one of those occasions, as it was my crabby husband's birthday. Not that I'm married to a crab, just that he's been grumpy on his birthday for two years in a row. Whatever with him.

ANNYway, on the upside, for his birthday dinner he wanted lobster rolls, fries and clam chowder from this very-famous-in-Massachusetts place called Kelly's Roast Beef. MAN, was it all delicous! If you have not ever experienced a good lobster roll, you have not lived, my friends! Toasted hot dog bun, mounded with lobster meat mixed with a bit of mayo and chopped celery. Simple and FAAAANtastic! No calories there, I'm sure.

Here's a photo:
Why is it food doesn't look good in photos? That looks obscene! Yuck!

Anyway, it was good. Tasty as all get-out!

Then, for dessert, I bought evil cupcakes from another well-known establishment here in Salem called Coffeetime Bake Shop. Delicious doesn't cover it. I got yellow cake cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Ridiculous.

Back to the land of no sugar today for me!

In current flower news, my first little tete-a-tete narcissus blooms are here! I love love love these little guys! You know them, they're the cute yellow fleurs that look like baby daffodils:
So adorable.

Tomorrow it's supposed to get back up to 60 degrees, so hopefully more flowers will be making their appearances soon!

Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment