Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daffy for Daffodils

After a very nice walk today with the dogs, wherein Koty went for his first official swim of the year, I did me a nice power walk! I'm on a roll over here with the exercising again. Feels really great. Plus we've had the most delicious springtime weather. It's been very cheery and bright and the sky is blue blue blue.

It's really quite miraculous the difference in everyone's mood when the weather gets like this. Mostly, as is widely known, New Englanders are sort of a surly bunch. Impatient, impolite complainers. Seriously, we bitch and bitch about the endlessly long winter, and then we bitch that spring doesn't last long enough, and then - God help us - SUMMER comes. Oh, you do not want to be here when we are all hot and cranky. It's not pretty. And then fall comes, and our mood eases a bit, and then we complain that winter is coming, and then the cycle repeats. Wash, rinse, repeat.

This is why they call us Massholes and the word "wicked" can mean something is actually good! Things are wicked good or wicked bad depending on your weather. Or the parking situation. Parking is a VERY sore subject in these parts. Oh, my the nastiness that ensues when someone is not a good parker. My lovely neighbor calls them Parking Pigs and she will leave notes on cars! Really funny!

I totally understand, 15 years ago used to live on one of the side streets here with no driveway, which is very common. There are signs EVERYWHERE telling people that these streets are Resident Parking Only and that they will be towed if they park there illegally. Well, a certain car in front of our house, with New York plates was parked there for 3 months. ANNND, to make matters worse, they were taking up 2 entire parking spots because they parked all hooey. All of us would leave notes on the car and call the police to complain, they would ticket the car, but refused to tow it. Oh, man, we were all livid! Someone who shall remain nameless got a bit tipsy one evening and from a second story window, threw eggs all over the car. Miraculously, the car disappeared the next day! I do not condone vandalism, but really? Three months?

See? I mean to do a post about daffodils and what do I do instead? Complain. Nice.


I bought daffodils at the grocery store today and they are so happy and cheerful! Maybe they will help me to stop complaining tomorrow...Doubt it!! : )

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment