What do you think I did when I saw those bags of tubers? I bought me some, of course! Now, they had tons of different varieties - Canna, Dahlia, Gladiolus. I do not like any of those. But what else they DID have? Lily-of-the-Valley!! They are only my most most most favorite flower on this here planet.
LOVE Lily-of-the-Valley!

Who could not love the cute little bells all in a row, gracefully arching up through the pretty, green foliage? And don't even get me started on their fragrance! My most favorite smell of all! Lilacs run a close second, in my book, though. Deeeelish!
Sort of unrelated, but at least I was gardening when it happened, I hurt myself. I am not what you would call a careful, delicate type female. I love hardware stores, right? Nothing delicate about that! Anyway, while I was cleaning out our yard the other day, I managed to poke myself in the eye with a yew branch.

OUCH! Man, it really hurt at the time, but I didn't give it another thought and went on my merry way picking up leaves and cleaning. After coming in and taking a shower, I finally took a gander at my face and BAM! There was this red spot on the white of my eye about the size of a pencil eraser! YICK! Now, a couple of days later the blood has started to diffuse all over the white of my eye around the original spot. It looks disgusting, but I've read up on it and it will disappear in like a week or so. Until then, I have to run around all self-concious looking like a diseased alien. Icky.



No comments:
Post a Comment