Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy as a Clam!

Why is that a saying? Are they really happy down there in the mud sucking water in and out all day? That really does NOT seem like a happy existence. I'm just sayin!

Anyway, the reason I'm over here all clammy and being happy is that I saw my first, real, live, colorful, sweet, little yellow crocus while I was walking the dogs this morning! Yiiiipppppeeeeeeee! There was actual color amongst all the drab icky grayness!

Of course, I immediately started wondering about the status of the umpteen bulbs I planted last fall...And this is what I found!
See that little bit of creamy yellow? That's the first flower in our yard! Isn't it cute? I'm sure it will open up tomorrow since we're supposed to get to about 50 degrees and it's going to be sun sun sunny finally!

Here are some of the other crocuses and tulips trying to emerge:



I also found this little guy in my garden!
See the little kitty butt there? He was most friendly and apparently appreciates the bulbs coming up, as well!

Happy almost spring, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment