Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Answers and updates

Hi! I got a comment from my other faithful reader aside from my Mom (Hi Mom!), Deb, and she had a couple comments and a question for me.

Firstly, yes, I intend to take pictures of my flower boxes once I have them like I like them. My beloved Marblehead Garden Center did not have any grasses or anything with real height to it yet, so I'm not completely satisfied with them. Aside from a kajillion violas, I also have tulips, romaine lettuce, pussy willow branches and the MOST adorable little creeping ivy called Kenilworth Ivy in there. It has the sweetest little purple flowers on it and cute rounded leaves:



Aren't they so cute?

So, the flower boxes look okay right now, but not the flowy, eye-popping look I like to acheive. I'm planning on putting a dwarf giant papyrus in the center (I know, sounds like an oxymoron!) and some pony-tail grasses on the left and right of the papyrus, as well as the mini-licorice plants I adore so much. It's a beautiful combination, one I did a few years back like so...

This is the spring look in 2008:

And this is how it looked by the end of the summer when I took out the spring stuff and added the summer stuff! Spectacular, right?!

And, Deb asked how my speaking engagement went. I'm happy to say it was a smashing success! About 70 people showed up! And I've gotten a couple of jobs out of it ANNND the coolest thing is that there were some ladies from another garden club there and they've hired me to do a similar talk for them next spring! In the days after my talk while I was out gardening, there were 6 people that were walking or driving by the house that stopped to tell me how much they enjoyed the talk and how much they learned! So, all my eye-twitching was for naught! It went really well and I couldn't believe that people were actually
taking notes and so interested in what I had to say!

Whew!

So glad when it was over!

Ok. I'm off. Much to do and so little time!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your speaking engagement with the garden club was a success. We usually like it when people talk from the heart and you can tell how much they really love gardening. You can do quite a lot on the garden club "circuit". There is even a yearly issue of the Mayflower, the MA Federation of Garden Clubs publication, that lets speakers advertise. It's a good way to get access. I think it usually runs in February or March. Something to think about if you enjoy doing this. You might as well get paid for doing what you love!

    Love the window box photos you've posted!

    ReplyDelete