Sunday, April 11, 2010

For my poor, beleaguered Mom

Ok. I know there are very few people who read this but I cannot take the sad emails and phone calls from my Mom pleading with me to PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE post something on my blog.

See, the weather here has been divine, PLUS I'm doing lots of projects on our boat to get it ready to sell, AND I've been working on our yard A LOT, AND I have, you know, these people I call CLIENTS that PAY me big bucks to make stuff pretty for them, and LASTLY, I'm doing a big project to help out my husband with his work.

Other than that, I haven't a thing to do. Except, you know, all the house work, grocery shopping, laundry, walking the dogs, exercising and volunteering my time for two charitable organizations.

So, naturally, I have had just TONS and TONS of free time.

NOT!

Anyway, I'm in the midst of cooking dinner and finally took some photos today of my pretty back yard. I spent hours and hours out there yesterday moving some things that needed moving and I planted about 30 more perennials! Yaay ME! I planted pulmonaria, bleeding heart bushes, lamium and this very pretty plant called European Ginger that I discovered last year when I was a host for the garden tour!

Here is what it looks like now. This first one is the European Ginger with its cute, round, shiny leaves.



I also discovered that my lilacs are getting ready to bloom any day now! EXCITING!
And the bleeding heart bush I've had in my yard for probably 5 years now looks like this already!


My phlox is really getting tall already, too!


And here is a peony!


Is there anything better than springtime? I think not.

Are you happier now, Mom?

: )

2 comments:

  1. Giddy with joy. Now, was that so much to ask to make an old woman happy? LOL xxoo P.S. Where are the pic's of the flower boxes????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little further north than you, maybe an hour, and my garden is nowhere near as far along as yours! What a terrific reminder of what is to come.

    I'd love pics of windowboxes so I can get some new ideas. Plus, how did your speaking engagement go at the garden club?

    ReplyDelete