We are quite honestly having the most lovely, amazing, beautiful springtime here in Massachusetts. Oy VAY with all the flowers and leaves and butterflies and bumblebees and JEEZ! It's just really really nice is what I'm trying to convey.
I just took photos of the lovelies bursting in my side yard and also in the back yard. Where do I begin?
Let's take a look in the side yard today, shall we?
Here we have a lovely ensemble of Icelandic poppies, violas and look at that phlox coming in so nicely! I have a tradition now of always putting orange poppies right in that spot each year. They act like an annual here, since they don't seem to like the heat. (Not the same as a Chinese poppy). Anyway, our neighbor LOVES when I put the poppies in because it reminds her of her childhood home in Italy. She brings her children over all the time to look at them!
Next, lamium that overwintered in my flower boxes from last year! I plopped 'em in the ground and they're already flowering! NIce!
This little beauty shows the pretty combination going on right now with my grape hyacinths, light yellow narcissus (minnow), violas and looky how tall some of those tulips are getting! There is also a white poppy planted in there that has a ton of blooms. Will be pretty when they open up!
Here is another lovely photo, mostly I wanted you to see that the Jacob's Ladder is blooming already! This is about a month ahead of schedule! Crazy!
Another pretty combo with the narcissus, violas and grape hyacinth. If you look over there on the left, you'll also see there is a lamium blooming! Pretty!
That's all for today. Tomorrow we will explore the pretties out in the back! : )
Hope you have enjoyed the niceness that is our spring!



Pretty! I like hyacynth! Did I spell it right? Why don't I scroll up. No. Hyacinth. Was that right? Yeah. I think I got it right that time. Sadly, I am supposed to be taking a proofreading test right now.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful! I love spring gardens. I'm already making notes on what to do next year and I may utilize some of your groupings of flowers.
ReplyDelete