Friday, April 23, 2010

Last in the series

Here are the last photos in my recent series of spring lovelies.

This was my birthday present to myself two years ago. It's a Daphne bush. It has a million tiny little blooms that look like they will open in a week or so. Beautiful pink flowers and a lovely fragrance. I may have to get myself another one soon. They are SO pretty and keep their foliage in the winter, which I appreciate...They have a cute, round, variegated leaf. Very nice!

Next, another shot of the yummy lilacs. Is there any better fragrance? Any prettier flowering tree? I think not.


Here we have the white variety of the bleeding heart bush that I just planted a couple of weeks ago! Already blooming! Can't wait until it gets big like the pink ones I have.


This is another grouping of Solomon's Seal that I planted last year. This is the variegated leaf Solomon's Seal. I am a big variegated-anything fan!


And here is a shot of the yard on the left side. The Daphne is next to three hydrangeas that, when leafed-out, nicely hide the ugly compressor back there. Our house used to be a restaurant, so we have this ridiculously huge compressor that drives the central air downstairs here. Anywho, the hydrangeas are pretty far along considering it's only April! And you can see the lilacs there along the back fence. There is a lavender one and a white one. The white one is not quite blooming yet.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Happy Friday to all & have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment