Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Too much to do

Hi. It's been a few days since I was here. What can I say? Still trying to get all the way better, it was Mother's Day, my husband's sister is visiting from San Francisco, I am still busy with doing rentals for my husband's office, I have to do some pricing for two HUGE planting projects that I've put off for over a week because I was SO sick, AND we still have a ton to do on the boat for it to be ready to sell.

Other than that, I have not been doing a THING!

Oh, and I have not announced this on here, but we're also taking the classes for adopting a child! It's called MAPP training - Massachusetts' Approach to Partnership in Parenting. It's every Monday evening and we just did our third training session! It's a huge step for us, scary and exciting and such a big unknown. But, in talking with all the other people in the training session, it is a common experience to be scared and excited. So, we're just taking it as it comes and hoping for the best!

So, as you can clearly see, I have not had anything on my mind! I have the occasional twitch in my right eye, but can you blame me? There is a lot going on over here!

In flower news, there is not much new to report. Things are growing, spring flowers are starting to fade...It's been more seasonable temperature-wise, so that's been nice. I, for one, was not prepared for 80 and 90 degrees. Too much, too soon. We're hovering around 60 for the highs lately and pretty cold at night, in the upper 30s. It's chilly, but that's what the plants need right now to grow at a proper pace!

Things are VERY green right now - that pretty spring green when everything is fresh and new! My hydrangeas in the back yard are almost completely leafed-out:

And, this is one of my ridiculous butterfly bushes in the back. This thing is about 15 feet tall. It didn't read the book about how big it should be! (They're only supposed to get up to about 8 or 9 feet tall!) And this is what it looks like after I hacked it back like crazy earlier this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment