This spring I amended the soil all around the back yard, since it hasn't been done in probably 6 years or so. When we first moved in, the back yard was full of gravel and weeds. It was really disgusting. Our house was a restaurant before we moved in; and it had actually been vacant for about 10 years after the restaurant closed down, so you might only imagine the messes that we found when we moved in. For instance, it took me about 8 hours to clean the floor of the kitchen! There was so much grease and grime that had never been cleaned up! Totally gross! The walls were dripping with grease! So, we cleaned them and then painted them...It ended up looking pretty cute! We painted the walls avocado yellow and the trim was a cheerful avocado green! It was very Mediterranean looking.
Here are the dogs on the rug that was in that kitchen. That was the floor I spent 8 hours scrubbing.
Over there on the right? You can see the leg of one of the pizza ovens! There were three giant pizza ovens that we used as cupboards! There was NO storage and NO counter tops, so we used a stainless steel table as a counter, as well as a butcher block table. For storage, we used the pizza ovens and then a big, metal commercial kitchen rack that came with the house! I cleaned it, painted it and VOILA! Instant pantry!We had to be clever and use what we had, since we really had very little money at the time. We did a good job making-do!
How on earth did I get on this subject?!!
One more photo today...I know I've shown this over and over, but it keeps getting BIGGER!! This is supposed to be 2-3 feet tall and 3 feet wide! The thing is MONSTROUS! Easily 4 feet tall and 6 feet wide!
Ok. That's all I've got for today. Oh, and I've had my first reader from Egypt! Pretty cool!



No comments:
Post a Comment