Thursday, May 6, 2010

King Tut delivered to your door

Well, I just got the nicest surprise when I came in from taking the dogs on their walk this afternoon! The UPS guy (who, incidentally might be the nicest guy in the world!) had delivered my King Tut dwarf giant papyrus plants! Of course, he also left two treats for the dogs, because he is SOOO nice!

So, of course, I immediately unpacked them and they are fantastic! Much bigger than any I've seen in garden centers in the past.

I ordered them from a very nice local nursery called Avant Gardens. If you live in MA, they, quite honestly, have been ultra helpful and if their other plants are like these papyrus, they offer really, good quality plants! And they offer a discount on 3 or more of the same plant. I ordered 6, as I have 6 flower boxes, and that's where these guys are going to end up when the weather gets just a bit warmer!

Here they are:
Nice, right? They're about 2 feet tall already!

Aren't they cool looking? These are still quite young and small, so they will grow and grow and then by about mid-July they will be towering, amazing plants!

Unfortunately our weather will not be cooperating and I'll have to bring them all in at night. They've been living the cushy life in a greenhouse up until now, so they aren't used to any temperatures below 60! It's supposed to get down into the 40s tonight and even colder by the end of the weekend, so that just won't do. They are currently residing in the back hall on my washing machine. I'll put them outside again tomorrow in the warmth.

In other news, I'm coughing again today. Ugh. I think allergies are partly responsible this time, as it was well into the 70s today and VERY windy. There is pollen pollen everywhere. You know the pollen is bad when you get into your car and can barely see out the windshield because of all the yellow crud on it! It's that bad. According to the thingy on my weather forecast, the tree pollen is very, very high right now. Hello? I'm allergic to every tree pollen, so that would be why I'm all coughy and sneezy and have zero brain waves. I'm downright stupid today with these allergies. Stoopid.

Ok. I must go and eat dinner, as it is nearly 7pm! Where does the time go?

Time flies when you're stoopid.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you!
    I wish you the best time watching these lovely plants grow up :)

    Adam, Egypt
    http://egyptgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Adam! I do love my plants!

    ReplyDelete