Monday, September 20, 2010

Fleurs, veggies and more!

So, the big gala event was a total success last night. I felt utterly underdressed - everyone was in black dresses and such and I wore linen pretty pants and a striped linen shirt and cute leather sandals. I was not very cocktail-dressy looking whatsoever, but, oh, well...The flowers were a hit, so that's all that really matter, right? I got quite a lot of compliments and a big hug from the Executive Director, so that's all a girl can ask for, right?

Here are the vase arrangements I forgot to photograph the other day:

So, since the weekend was spent doing flowers, today was catch-up day on chores. Dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, putting around the garden, watering, and general errands! Woo hoo! Fun fun! The nice thing was that the temperatures are glorious and the sun was shining and it was just generally a great day to be alive and out and about! Delicious!

Lots still going on in the garden, too. Back yard we have the tomatoes reaching ever-new heights:


Eggplant is coming along nicely:
Many new blooms arriving almost daily! Here are three new ones!

Hydrangeas are turning the most gorgeous hues:
SO pretty.

Forget-me-nots and mystery plants are doing swimmingly:Methinks the mystery plant is some sort of evil weed, but we shall see.

Side garden is very happy right now!A pretty combination of phlox, angelonia, brachyscome, and nemesia. The boltonia on the far right is getting a bit tired looking.

Flower boxes are feeling good again after I fertilized them last week. They just needed a little boost:It's crazy how long the shadows are already. I took this photo at 4pm and it's already starting to be so fallish. I saw on the calendar that the Autumnal Equinox is Thursday. Phooey on that. We just better have a wonderful, long autumn is all I'm saying.

And I'm loving my new white echinaceas:
I like how they start out looking like a flower-flower and then they do the thing where they get cone-shaped like this:


So that's all I've got to report today...Oh, one more thing. I'm going to my client's house tomorrow to take out two dwarf scheffleras that I suspect got root-rot from over-watering. Too bad...I'll be putting in snake plants instead. Do you know of these? I think they're sort of interesting in a spiky, snaky, upward-motion sort of way!

Hope you all had a good weekend and a fine Monday.

I will talk at you later!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers were amazing and you looked amazing yourself! Your linen and scandals were perfect. And I can't tell you how much I loved you being there along with your adorable hubby!

    ReplyDelete