Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wet Wednesday

We had some serious thunder rolling through here this morning. I did not sleep from about 6am onward because of the rumbly rumbleness going on outside! Good news is that it rained. And it looks like it rained a lot, which makes me happy, as we have just had the driest summer of all! All the plants are looking much happier today. I even watered yesterday, but there's just nothing like a good, hard, soaking rain, you know?

I have another eggplant on the way; several actually, but this one is looking like an actual eggplant:Exciting!

All the rest of the forming fruits are tiny right now. And I made a discovery - you probably all already knew this, but you know at the tippy bottom end of the eggplant or tomato, how there's that little speck of a thing that you have to cut off? That's where the flower was! I just figured that out today, as I was taking a picture of this eggplant! The flower was all dried up and still attached to the bottom! Huh. Learn something new every day, right?!!

Here is another eggplant flower blooming:
They are just so darn cute!

One of the king-of-hearts bleeding hearts is blooming again!
Pretty!

And, as promised, I had to go get two more echinacea to go on the other side of the side yard to balance out the two I put in last week!I just put them in yesterday!

I also just noticed that my perennial grass is blooming!I love those cute, frilly things that they send up at this time of year!

In other news, I'm crippled. Not for reals, but I'm totally spent from the heat and having to work out in the blazing sun all day yesterday. I was totally dreading it; as I knew I had at least 3 hours of really intense labor to do in two of my clients' yards. One of them is that lovely shade garden that I featured a while back. I don't ever mind going over there! It's so pretty and nice and on the easier side to maintain since I've been working there for 3 years now and have a handle on the weeds.

Then there's the other yard that I do. Ugh. The front yard is just in the blazing hot sun ALL.DANG.DAY. There is no escaping it. And, it's built up on on a big slope, so getting my footing is just about impossible. The back yard is just weed city and is always parched. The people who live there don't give a hoot about the poor plants and they are just always in such a sad state. It's the mother of the woman who lives there that pays me to go over and create some semblance of a nice yard! So strange! I cannot imagine not caring about these living things in my yard! It's beyond my realm of thinking!

SO that was my day yesterday...Not so fun. Today my hands hurt and I'm just weary all over! I have seventy-leven errands to run, so I will bid you adieu!

Have a fine day!

1 comment:

  1. I was weary & now after reading your blog...I'm wearier. :0)
    Have found I learn something all the time too.
    One is never too old to learn.
    Now go rest your body up.
    Your brain can continue to work. ;0)
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete