The hydrangeas were covered, the fence was covered, even the bench was getting taken over by Mongo. Too big and too unruly looking. The dogs were even having trouble finding a way under the dang thing to get to the rest of the back yard! I had to do something!
Unfortuntately this was right before the dumb hurricane Earl (just sounds like a non-threat, right?) was to come through, so it was humid as all get-out and really uncomfortable outside. But, I persevered, and cut that thing like nobody's business! Of course, I was apologizing with every slice of my loppers! I feel terrible when I cut back a living thing! It has to hurt! Alas, it had to be done, so I did it...
Look at this pile of branches I took off:
Lucikly it started to rain just as I was finishing up, so I could justify not finishing the job! Here's the end result:
Bonus was that the hydrangeas were actually doing quite well underneath all those branches - probably saving them from direct exposure to the never-ending sun and heat:
While I was hacking away at Mongo, I also decided to neaten up Gigantor. Many of his branches had drooped down and were hiding the grill! So, now we have this:
And, for those of you who were concerned (Hi Mom!) about the "hurricane" that we were being "threatened" about by the noodlehead meteorologists? Nada. Nothing. Zed. Zip. Zero. Zilch. This was the most hyped-up thing I have ever seen. They even managed to get me a little riled up with concern for boaty.
Well, if we got an inch of rain and maybe 20 mile-per-hour winds, I'd be surprised. I actually had to WATER MY PLANTS OUTSIDE the next day! How ridiculous is that, my friends? Man!
Ok...I'm done complaining for now! I must go forth and plant plants and water things and watch things grow!
Hope you all had a nice holiday!
Hasta la vista, baby!



Same weather was here.
ReplyDeleteLearned something today. Mongo must mean BIG.
My son had a rotweiller he named Mongo.
Took that dog everywhere with him....four wheeling, running, boating and cried like a baby when he died from old age.
He was huge & if you came near his parked truck...you would jump a mile from the bark. :0)
Your yard is looking good...not so mine. :0(