Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Welcome to August!

So it's a balmy 90 here again today with extreme humidity.

One word. BLECH.

Good news, though, is that the tropical theme is about to depart and we'll return to more normal temperatures and humidity levels tomorrow. A high of 75 sounds downright chilly in comparison!

Let us proceed to the gargantuan plants I have in the garden this summer, shall we?

I finally cut back Mongo the butterfly bush so we can actually WALK through the back yard. Odd concept!I'm sure I'll have to do more cutting, but I'll wait until it's done flowering. I don't want to shock it too much. As it is, I feel TERRIBLE every time I cut off a live branch. I apologize to the plant over and over. Do you think Mongo understands?

Here is one of his pretty blooms:Usually I'm not seeing any color on the butterfly bushes until late July.

I don't even know WHAT to say about this ridiculous specimen:
This is a Montauk daisy bush. Supposed to be about 3 feet by 3 feet. This is about 5 feet by 4 feet and there are no signs of it stopping anytime soon!

Here is an echinacea that is trying to make it amongst the 875 gazillion obedient plants:
Whoever named "obedient" plants that? Was a serious jokester. These are the most unruly, spready, crazy plants I've ever had! As it is, I had to pull out handfuls of these things just to make room for a few annuals and some of the other perennials that were already in this garden bed! Obedient? Ahhh, NO!

Here is the pot I did for my neighbor. It's gotten huge!

And these are the lovely goodies by our back door:



Look at this adorable watering can that my friend, Patty, so generously gave me on Sunday:Is that not the most adorable watering can you've ever seen? I love the scalloped edges and the end where the water comes out is shaped like a flower! OHHHH, I just love this silly thing!

Ok...I must depart. Off to take the doggies for a walk and then down to clean boaty.

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday and if you live in Massachusetts, try not to melt! MAN! This heat!

1 comment:

  1. All were lovely to look at. :0)
    Sigh! Killed my butterfly bush some years back by cutting it back too much.
    Every year hubby asks where it is & very year he gets the same story. LOL

    ReplyDelete