Friday, July 2, 2010

Playing with my food

Yesterday I was outside watering my plants, as I have been obligated to do as we have had NO rain and my poor plants are out there clutching their throats, choking with thirst. They are very dramatic, my plants! hee!

Anywho, I was chatting with our neighbor about this, that and the other...She is a gardener, so we always our respective yards and plants to talk about. Well, turns out she bought herself a raspberry plant many years ago at an AWESOME nursery in a neighboring town called Sweeney's Greenhouse. They grow all their own plants and their prices are ridiculously low. She got the raspberry plant for $2.95. Can't beat that!

In any case, she told me to come over to her yard anytime to pick raspberries! A very nice offer, indeed!

So, I went along with my afternoon and was inside computing, and suddenly there was a knock at my front door!

She had picked a very nice-sized container of raspberries for us! Wasn't that so nice? I of course, immediately washed them and plopped them in that cute bowl, and proceeded to gobble them up! They are so delicious I can't even tell you!

Earlier in the day, I'd gone grocery shopping and bought some cherries. Equally lovely!I plopped these in a pretty ceramic bowl that my Mother-in-Law made! I love the graphic-y black and white with those hues of reds!

Then I put them side by side on the counter:Not only delicious and good for you; they're so pretty to look at, aren't they?

I've also got some pretty hydrangeas in the kitchen to look at, as well:

This last photo has a few of the papyrus tops in there - they have been breaking when the wind gusts, so I've been picking them and putting them in vases around the house! I love those things!

Ok...I'm off to take the doggies and then we are going out fishing!

Have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment: