I picked the last of the lettuces today. I still had six more of them growing in the garden beds by the back door. They are tall and gangly from the heat, as you can see, but will still taste good!
Other foods I've got going are my perennial herbs. Most of them live on the teak bench in the summer, then crowded together on a table inside for sunshine in the winter. This is a clump of chives that I took from a yard I was hired to re-do. They didn't want it, and I have a very hard time throwing away perfectly good plants (Hi! Have you met me? My name is Lisa and I'm a plant addict. I have a serious problem, people!)
Here is my pot with rosemary, sage and thyme. There was also a flat leaf parsely that didn't survive the heat. It lasted through the winter, miraculously, but hasn't produced any leaves since early spring.
The spectacular basil:
The tomato plant is getting even TALLER:
This is the curly willow that is still growing and leafing out! I bought these at Stop and Shop in MARCH for heaven's sake! Three of them are going strong:
These are the very branches I put in there in March when I planted the lily-of-the-valley and violas in the pot by the back door:
Crazy how it's gotten so green!And last, but not least, I had to take another photo of the hydrangeas in the back. GORgeous!
Lastly, did you notice I wasn't griping about the weather? That's because it's FINALLY normal out! It's 75 and sunny and absolutely perfect in every single way! Wooo HOOOO! Love it so much I was inspired to do a power walk!
Ok...I'm outta here. Going to go do a bit of work on boaty.
Happy Hump Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment