So, we are now officially in full swing here with the Halloween festivities. We had our adorable local parade last night to kick of the Haunted Happenings, as the city calls this series of events and things to do and carnivals and food places that open for the rest of October. There is a good energy in the air every October and this year is the same. We watched a bit of the parade last night and I got all misty looking at all the children in their cute costumes, and the families everywhere and the marching bands and funny floats! It's so middle-America and sweet and innocent like you want your town to be! Sends me back to my childhood and watching the Cherry Festival parades and just loving it!
Now I'm offically in love with my little city of Salem! It really couldn't be a much nicer place to live!
In that spirit, I decorate the house each year with silly and fun Halloween decorations. Nothing too scary, just sort of on the silly side what with my gay skeleton with his many boas and the funny spiders that lurk in my flower boxes! I also LOVE my ghosty lights. I used to have a ton more of them, but someone stupid had to destroy a bunch of them a couple years ago. We used to be the target of some pretty bad vandalism - ripping apart my flower boxes, stealing my plants, stealing my pretty front-door wreath and then I'm sure it was the same people who felt the need to steal and or throw in the street a bunch of my ghosty lights. Why? I cannot tell you. However, I'm happy to say that whoever they were has either stopped or moved away, so our place is much quieter now as far as that crap.
Let us take a gander at the current situation out there, shall we?
Pumpkins and gourds on the back step:
I adore these little curliecues on the little pumpkin's stem:
The view of the side of the house:
Up close of the ghosty lights:
My faaaaabulous skeleton!
Cute spiders on the wreath:
One of the many lurking spiders in the flower boxes - also have orange LED lights in all of the flower boxes:
And now for some fleurs - my Montauk daisy is in full bloom:
And the forget-me-nots are still blooming like crazy! Look how they've spread!
Next post we will talk about our upcoming Halloween party and tales from last year's debacle! Not sure if you'll want to tune in for THAT! Blech.
Ok...Gots to run. Going to feed the dogs and make the rest of dinner. I roasted a chicken today while I was on the boat and my stomach is already growling because it smells so darn good in here!
Ta ta for now!



Last time I walked Essex Street in October my nephew lived on it near the firestation.
ReplyDeleteGoing back maybe 8 years I think.
Time seems to fly whether you are having fun or not.
You sound like you definately are.
I'm in the mood for chicken.
Set another plate out. :0)
The decorations look amazing! You're so positive about Halloween. I'm like the Grinch in October! But things do look awfully fun and festive there.
ReplyDelete