It is FALL in a big way here. In the last week things have changed drastically from being sort of still summery to WHOMP! Fall hitting us smack in the face with full force! Leaves have changed a lot, some have dropped, it's COLD out there and it's been quite dreary. Phooey. Not ready for this. Not ready at ALL for what comes AFTER fall. I won't even say the nasty word.
Despite the dreariness and coldness I did a power walk and did a few errands along the way. I like the multi-task walk, you know? Dropped an envelope for a neighbor, dropped a package in the UPS drop-off thingy, dropped off lunch for hubby and then walked around downtown, saw more fully dressed up adult-type people. IT's a MONDAY people! Whatever with them! And then walked to Walgreen's and got few Halloween decorations and some other necessities and then walked home!
In my email was a link to a YouTube video. It is the loving tribute by Jimmy Stewart to his dog, Beau. It made me cry. But I loved it.
If you would like to watch it, I highly recommend doing so! CLICK HERE for the link.
It made me think of my beloved dog, Lady, who I loved and adored and I miss her so much lately...
She was the goofiest looking dog - like there were all these mis-matching parts of dog laying around and they glued them onto this big, boxy body of hers! Giant ears, little, skinny legs, curled up tail and funny little spots on her feet and chest! She was anxious, barked too much, was aggressive with most other dogs and was generally a giant pain in the a**!! But there was something so wonderful and sweet and magnetic about her! She loved me thoroughly and she swooned when my husband would come home from work! I've never seen a dog turn so inside out with worship over someone like she did for him! And she and our other dog, Koty, were literally best best best pals. They adored each other. And they had their own little language like when we would give them extra special basted marrow bones? They would each chew their own bones for about an hour or so, then by some magical mind power they would do the switch. We have no idea how they each knew it was time to leave their bone and go to the other, but it happened literally every, single time we gave them those special bones. Bizarre. We were always mystified at this!When Lady got sick and finally so weak she could no longer make it up the stairs to sleep in our room (a sad time for all of us), Koty also ceased going up to our bedroom. He stayed downstairs to be with Lady. They were just the best pals. It was wonderful.

Ahh, the good old days.
Sorry for the lack of fleurs...It's cold out there and not much to report right now!
Have a fine Tuesday, all!
Ciao!



They ask for so little and give us so much in return.
ReplyDeleteKnow from where you come.
It's never easy to say goodbye.
(((hugs)))to you m/f
Any animal lover is a friend of mine. :0)
Thank you female! I just loved that dog so dang much!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading and being so understanding, too! : )
Lady, oh the tests she put you though in the early days. Thinking of the pupper! And Ellie Mae snores away on the bed...love these guys to pieces!
ReplyDelete