Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wholelotta nuthin

Boy oh boy oh boy oh BOY is this weather the PITS. THE PITS, I tell ya! Can't stand all of this dreariness and ick. Rain rain rain. Clouds clouds clouds. Rain. And some clouds. With rain.

Luckily it looks as though it's going to break up tomorrow and then be beautiful on Friday again.

The house is weirdly quiet right now. The dogs are at the groomer's right now, so it's just terribly empty in here! Amazing how much they fill up a space with their fuzzy, little bodies! When I walked into the house after dropping them off, I forgot for a split second that they were not here and it just felt so strange to come in and not be greeted by my furry little waggers!

So yesterday, my friend June over there at Bye, Bye Pie had us readers send in pictures from when we were kids. Here's mine I sent in:
One of her readers commented that I looked deep and wise in that photo and that I would probably not have befriended her because she was too flighty!

I thought that was an interesting comment to make about someone's 4th grade photograph! I probably was fairly deep for a kid. I was and still am very outgoing, but also pretty introspective. I am not afraid of emotions and really feeling them, I guess. I like to do things by myself and I like it quiet. I don't get people who are workaholics or people who constantly feel the need for other humans to be around! I guess that's why I love the ocean and plants and cooking. I can get lost in my own little brain when I do these things. Very zen, I guess!

Sorry for the seriousness here today. We've got sort of a big deal going on in our family and it's caused me to to do a lot of thinking about things that I normally don't really think about so much. Plus, it's rainy and dreary and yuck out side and I can't take pictures of my pretty posies or my Halloween decorations! In between rainstorms I decided to decorate the house. We have a million strands of lights - orange LED lights, pumpkins, skulls, bats and some ghosties!! I also put up two bags of that fake cobweb stuff, hanging bats, hanging spiders in the flower boxes, a few spiders on the front door wreath and, of course, my glow-in-the-dark skeleton with his boas of sparkly pumpkins and spiders!! Here's the scene from last year - similar this year:



What can I say? I'm a kid at heart!

I also bought a baby pumpkin and two gourds for the back porch and a big pumpkin which I will carve as we get closer to the big day!! : )

OK...That's all for today. I've got to am-scray and shower and then off to get cracked again today at the chiro!

Later, peeps!

1 comment:

  1. That be crepitus you be hearing. :0)
    I got my "edumication" ....working for my chiropractor as a Chiropraction Assistant for 15 years.
    Lately I think the patients in the waiting room can hear the noise my neck makes when I am getting it adjusted.
    Happy spine alignment to you m/f.

    ReplyDelete