Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Monday, laaa laaa laalaalaa laaaaaaa

Remember that song? Now you will be singing that in your head! You're welcome.

So, aside from the fact that my dumb back continues to plague me (reaching down to rub my dog's belly today, there was a distinct "TWEAK" and the muscles on the lower left side of my back screamed at me "Don't you DARE move one more inch or we will make it so you will not be able to breath without excruciating pain!"So, I listened. I got myself back into a more postured pose and am now trying to sit such that my back will not be bothered.

It's really ridiculous what has happened in the last few months to me. I went from being able to literally do just about anything, to being a namby-pamby who has to be careful during the simple act of petting my dog. Ugh. Hate this! Worse part is that I still have to decorate the garland that I hung around my neighbor's door. That should prove to be an interesting process since I can't bend or twist or reach!

You want to hear something gross? It snowed here. Actual flakes falling from the sky. Luckily the sun is out, as well, so these were just passing little flakes that didn't stick or anything, but STILL! It snowed! Yuck. Officially YUCK.

As I mentioned in my last post, I worked as a guide for the Christmas in Salem - a home tour where decorators do up these houses in a grandiose fashion and make everything all pretty and Christmassy and nice. Well, I was stationed near the front door in this little hallway and had to repeat seventy-leventy times my schpeil about the photos on the wall, the pulley-system doorbell that is original to the house and also this stuff called Anaglypta wallpaper that is also original to the house which was built in 1874.

It was a rather unthrilling gig, but I did my part and I'm glad it's over! Then last night we had a special dinner that my husband's 16 year-old brother cooked for us - a Japanese hibachi type feast! We had fried rice, stir-fried veggies, shrimp, chicken and steak. I don't eat steak - I swore off red meat when I was 18! So I didn't try that part of it but everyone was VERY happy with the meal! Delish!

In planty-type news, my Thanksgiving flowers continue to flourish! Alstromeria are good like that - they last forever, so I love to use them...Here's the scene in the dining room:
That's Koty under the table there. He loves that spot.

Here is a better shot of the table and decorations:
I'll have to switch everything out to Christmassy things this coming weekend - we're putting up the tree on Sunday evening! Yaaay!

Also, I bought this amaryllis a while back from the grocery store - just looked back and I got it on November 22, so two weeks ago. Anywho, it has grown three feet and is getting ready to flower! Can't wait for that:

I am always interested when I see plants leaning toward the light. It never ceases to fascinate me! Hey, it's winter and it's New England - I gotta enjoy the little things, you know?!!

I had forgotten that I also had been resting another amaryllis bulb in a dark area near the basement stairs. I got it out a few days ago, so I gave it some water and it is now sitting in the living room:In just those couple days, the emerging leaf is turning green green - it was as white as could be when I first found it! This bulb is great - I rest it twice a year and then it flowers twice a year for me, as well - once in the summer and again at this time of year. I've had this guy for like 4 years now! I get so attached to my plants, it's ridiculous!

My little miniature fig is doing well in his new location:


The eggplant is still growing!


And last for today, the grape tomato plant that I transplanted is still holding on:
It's not really growing, but it's not dying either, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Ok. Must go. Have to walk the doggies and then grocery shopping and then chiropractor appointment and then we're going to see a movie at 3:50 today to waste some time in anticipation of the big Patriots - Jets game tonight! BIG game for us!

Hope you all have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. Phew!
    You have worm me out!
    Speaking of twitches, I've got me one too.
    It's Hell getting old m/f. :0)
    These are THE Rusty Years!

    ReplyDelete