Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas is coming, isn't it?

I seriously need to stop procrastinating! I must must must get the decorations out, the Christmas tree decorations, the lights for outside, finally got the wrapping paper out today, have three million gifts to wrap and many to send by mail...

I'm really weird about it this year - it just doesn't feel like the holidays to me. Thanksgiving was like a month early for me and now Christmas is about 2 months early! I don't know why my brain is not registering that it is actually December the 10th, but it's just not jibing in my peabrain that it is REALLY going to be Christmas. In two weeks. 14 days. AArrrrggghhhhh!!!

This is what my dining room table looks like right now:My husband and I went out yesterday afternoon and bought gifts for 13 kids who are in the care of The Department of Child and Family Services (formerly DSS). Our lovely neighbor who works for the post office in Peabody does this each year with his fellow co-workers. They organize this toy drive for over 1000 children. It's pretty amazing. Anyway, we have great friends who either gave us money to help buy the 13 gifts we bought, and then there are 14 other gifts that other friends bought themselves that will also be delivered to the needy children.

It's a good thing to do and makes me feel a little bit happier for these children whose lives have been turned upside down and had to be removed from their homes. Sad, but most times the very best thing for these kids.

On a flowery note - take a gander at the Thanksgiving flowers STILL looking pretty on the table up there! Amazing!

In other flower news, the Amaryllis that I bought at the grocery store on November 22 bloomed this morning! SO pretty:
Can you see the other 3 flower heads that are forming? So this guy is going to give be a quadruple bloom! Sweet!


I also had to buy this irresistible little poinsettia the other day:
I love the dusty pink color of this.

And, my other amaryllis is coming along nicely:
He's a nice shade of green now and has grown about an inch since I brought it up from the basement!

I have to run now...Am on my way for a consultation with my doctor. She just changed locations so I have to re-establish myself as a patient by meeting up with her for an initial consult. Sounds like someone's trying to make some easy $$$, right?!!

Later, my friends!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment