Monday, December 13, 2010

Not too much, you?

Today I am tired. I spent all weekend zipping about, doing this that and the other. Saturday I was the decorating queen! My friend over at Nothing Worth Stealing, who is a fantastically gifted artist, does all of my ads and marketing pieces for my business. So, in return, I do her decorating! I did up a pretty wreath for her and two planters. Of course, I forgot to bring along a camera, so I will have to take photos of her pretties and then also my other client whose planters and wreaths I did a couple weeks ago...

Anywho, in order to do these things, I had to go to my beloved Marblehead Garden Center to buy the wreath base, some more juniper and then for our house I got a pretty garland for our front door and a small, simple wreath for our back door. (Which reminds me - it is still sitting in my car!) While at the Garden Center it occurred to me that we were supposed to put up the Christmas tree on Sunday and the weather was supposed to be rather yuck (which it was - warm but VERY rainy and windy), so I decided to pick up a tree while I was there, as well...

Here's the garland and the wreath out front:
Pretty, no?!!

So, off I went to decorate my friend's house with the tree on the roof of my car...Flew home, and my husband was nice enough to hang the garland out front and get the tree set up for me (he is not one who enjoys this type of thing, so it was nice that he did it willfully and cheerfully!) while I FINALLY got around to decorating my neighbor's garland that I hung up over a week ago! Jeez.

Then I finally finished putting the pretty, white sparkle lights on the bushes on the side of our house. It all looks very festive and pretty...To end the day, I made the MOST delicious spicy chicken enchiladas! Yummm!

Yesterday I wrapped 3,852,00 presents (felt like it!) for the DCF kids we and our friends sponsored, collected gifts from the other friends who had wrapped gifts themselves and then went about the business of decorating the tree. Here's the finished product:



After we finished the tree, we ordered wonderful Indian food from our local eatery, A Passage to India. Their menu is on there if you want to see what's in the goodies we got...We ordered Dal Maharani, Chicken Saag, some raita and extra onion chutney (I'm crazy for it!) and then we also had vegetable samosas for appetizer. TO. DIE. FOR!

After all the running around and zippy zooming, I'm just plain tired out today!

Despite that, I did manage to do a power walk (it was 50 degrees here again today!) and then just got back from my chiropractor who reports that my back and neck are significantly better! Yaay!

So, that's all I gots for this fine Monday. Dinner is now in the oven (roasted chicken with potatoes, onions and carrots and some squash) and we are going to settle in for a nice, quiet evening.

Later, kids!

1 comment: