Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's frickin FREEZING!

It's a balmy 27 outside right now. It was 50 yesterday, so we've basically lost 1/2 of that. Oy. With the wind chill, the weather website I use says it's the equivalent of 16 degrees outside. I do not like this, I don't appreciate it, and no one asked if this would be okay! If asked, I would have said a resounding "Absolutely not!" Not nice, Mother Nature. Not nice.

On top of this coldness we are again experiencing, something happened to our dog Koty's leg today. We were merrily going along on our walk, he was running about as he is wont to do despite being nearly 12 years old, and then suddenly - poof - his demeanor and his body language changed. Something was amiss. It appears to be something in his front left leg, so we are on our way to the vet in a little while. Poor little guy. When you rub his leg, he just whines. He's not a whiner AT ALL, mind you, so this is highly unusual. Hopefully it's just a pulled something or a sprained something.

In cheerier news, I got new boots! I didn't realize they were simply kind of dressy-for-fun boots and they are decidedly NOT warm, but they are cute as all get-out:
They have very cute details, like the little strap held down by a silver stud, and then there are two little bangle things that I didn't even realize were there when I ordered them! PLUS they are PINK on the inside!
CUTE!!

I wore them this morning to walk the dogs and my feet just about froze to death, but I looked cute!! : ) hee hee!

In flower-ish news, the amaryllis from the grocery store has three huge blooms and there are two more to come!

The eggplant continues to grow:


And I finally remembered to take a picture of the finished product at my neighbor's:
The wreath, garland and planter all look so pretty, don't they?

Ok. I best be off - have to clean out the back seat of my car for my poor hurt doggie.

Wish us luck...

Later!

1 comment:

  1. My love to Koty.
    Get well soon baby.

    Everything is eye candy. :0)
    luved the pics.

    ReplyDelete