For the baby wreath, I added a few accents with the pine, boxwood and cedar to the base:
Our planter got an upgrade this year!
I started doing all of this stuff a couple afternoons ago in between walking the dogs and then walking to the restaurant to meet my friend for dinner. I had a two hour window to do the wreath, fancy up the planter and then do all 6 flower boxes!
So, the wreath and planter were easy peasy. I can do that stuff in my sleep! The flower boxes, however, required a bit more attention, as they were filled with loads of grasses and other dead things. Not so pretty. So I went about the business of cutting back all the dead grasses and most of the other dead stuff in there. I did keep the mini-licorice - even though it is no longer alive, it is a pleasant silver color and adds some interesting shape to the flower boxes:
I ended up using all of the greens and then added the rosehips and finished them off with a couple types of preserved flat-leafed eucalyptus and some preserved lemon-leaf that I also had in the house! They are certainly not my favorite flower boxes I've ever done, but they look worlds better than they did with the dead crap in them!!
Man, looking at those pictures outside, our house needs a good paint job again! Jeez!
In other world news, we went our tiny local theater to see a holiday play last night. It was not your usual cheeriness-for-the-holidays type play. It was downright sad and quite dark, but it was a nice way to spend an evening and the acting was really quite good!
I also did an hour yoga DVD yesterday to start my journey to lose as much weight as humanly possible before we go on our vacation in February. My good friend suggested an easy weight-loss method of cutting off a leg, but that's really not the look I am going for!! Anywho, I'm good and sore today from yoga and despite that fact, did over 40 minutes of walking! Yaay for me!
Ok...Off to take the dogs for their afternoon walk and then will settle in for a nice evening. We've been out jet-setting for the last couple nights, so I'm happy to have a nice, cozy night at home!
Hope you're all staying warm!
Later!



That reminds me.
ReplyDeleteI bought rose hips at the Christmas Fair and hid them somewhere.
Hubby dislikes aromas of any kind. sigh!
Stay warm and dry sunday.
Hey cousin-lady!! I hope you are having a warmer day today :) Your wreath is sooo cute! Mom has all her flowers covered up with goodwill bags because of how cold it is here.... two days ago it was 15 degrees and the wind chill made it 1 degree. Yuck. I love you. Have a scrumtious day.
ReplyDelete