I did not know him and I do not know his family. All I do know is that he made the ultimate sacrifice in doing what he loved and what he believed.
My heart goes out to his family, his friends and his fellow Corps men and women. I cannot imagine how terrible you all feel. I know that today as the casket and funeral motorcade made their way through our little community there were thousands of us lining the streets with flags in his honor. The significance of what he gave in service to your country was not lost on any of us. It was very sobering and moving. Most of us were crying as the procession went by. We are all so very sorry for not only his family's loss but also our loss as a community.
Sgt. James Ayube II was a role model, a medic, a loving husband, brother, son and community member. Those who knew him only had the highest praise for how he lived his life.
He posted his favorite poem on facebook shortly before his death:
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain;
Or help one fainting robin,
Unto his nes again;
I shall not live in vain.
- Emily Dickenson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



How incredibly brave. How incredibly sad.
ReplyDeleteWarms the heart to hear the salute the home town gave to honor this fine young man. :0)
ReplyDeleteSad times for those that lost this fellow and all the others that went before him and will follow to keep our freedom for us.
Bless them one and all. Amen.