Now, mind you, it's actually quite pretty out there - when the snow is all white and pristine and then you've got the Christmas lights and everything, it's pretty! Looks all cozy like the scenes on Christmas cards! But then the dirt trucks go by and the salt trucks and then the plows and then it just gets to be this sloppy gross brownish mess! Not so pretty, so I always try to appreciate the prettiness when it first arrives:
This is the current scene:
In other world news, I bought TULIPS today at the grocery store! Nothing cheers me up more instantly than the sight of tulips! I have a small arrangement by the sink:
And one on the far side of the kitchen that leads into the piano area and living room:
I also have a vase full of them in the living room, but it was too dark in there to take a decent photo.
In other planty news, the eggplant is still thriving:
The bad news? The grape tomato plant that I so carefully and lovingly rooted and then planted? Oh, it bit the dust BIGTIME!! It went from looking decent to looking a little eh? And then it went from looking eh to "Oh, no!" and then directly to PFFFFT - dead as a doornail.
Are doornails really dead? Were they ever living? Some sayings are so strange, right? Happy as a clam is another strange one. Who deemed them happy? I think they honestly have a downright depressing existence! All stuck in the mud, squirting for their entire lives, no contact with other clams.. And talk about the claustrophobia! No room to move, no ABILITY to move, and your house is a SHELL! No protection from the elements! No insulation! No heat or air conditioning! Indeed, clams could not POSSIBLY be happy! (Can you tell I have a bit too much time to think about such things?!!)
So, that's all I got for today. I've been running around all day just like the rest of the U.S. of A. getting the last minute things for the holidays. Now, we are going to start dinner!
Happy Holidays! Hope you are happy as a cla...Wait. Happy as a...
Oh, forget it.



Leave it to you to search in the DEEP.
ReplyDeleteOther than us that grew up eating clams...who would think that something so good tasting could come out of that SMELLY MUD? ;0)