Funny thing this time of year when people choose to dress in those dull colors. To me? Give me at least a splash of sumpin with some good color. Today I'm wearing a pretty lavender top and some really pretty earrings that I think are amethyst - purply colored. It never fails - when I wear my color out and about at this time of year, I get at least one comment on the fact that I'm wearing something pretty instead of something bleak like the rest of my fellow New Englanders!
Do it, people! Get some color on your body! It'll perk you up and will perk up everyone who sees your colorful self!
I was going to title this post "Post-storm aftermath" but it's been far too long since the storm to do that, so I took some pictures of the storm's aftermath for your enjoyment, instead! Aren't you so happy?
So, two big things happened here at our abode after our Christmas-weekend blizzard. First, one of the flower boxes bit the dust. It literally just fell off the house from the overwhelming weight of snow:
Second, and more devastating, is the snow managed to crush my beloved gigantic butterfly bush in the back yard. Two of the biggest branches that reached up 17 feet or so came down:
I'm just hoping that it will recuperate in the spring and start some shoots up in that area. Dang snow!
Our front door is now adorned with the wreath we use for the rest of the year when it's not Christmas:
In other world news, I'm still doing smashingly well on the South Beach Diet! It's been a breeze except for the sleeping part. Both my husband and I have not had a good night's sleep since we started it, but that's generally the case. So, we persevere! We've been having the most delicious dinners, if I do say so myself:
Day One - pounded chicken breasts rolled around a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean, baked and served with marinara sauce and sauteed spinach and a green salad.
Day Two - big salads made taco-style with seasoned, spicy shrimp, black beans, low-fat Mexican cheese blend, low-fat sour cream and green tabasco. SOOOOO good!
Day Three - roasted chicken breast served with roasted veggies (green beans, asparagus, onion, leeks and celery) and mashed cauliflower that mimics mashed potatoes! You wouldn't even believe how good the mashed cauliflower tastes- you mash it with butter buds or a bit of Smart Balance, some fat-free half & half, salt, pepper and garlic powder. It's ridiculously tasty!
Tonight we're having salmon cooked in olive oil, a bit of smart balance, lemon, lime and dill. That will be served with a fat-free yogurt-garlic-dill sauce and then I'll make something yummy on the side like sauteed asparagus or spinach and maybe more of the mashed cauliflower! Unbelievably yummy dishes once you get in the groove of things!
A big side-note is that the new, all-trash-all-the-time season of Jersey Shore starts tonight! I'm totally embarrassed to admit that my husband and I just LOVE to watch Jersey Shore! It's a horrid, guilty pleasure! What's a person to do?
Lastly, I guess we're getting more snow tomorrow evening and Saturday. Oh, joy of all joys. Can you just feel my excitement? Oh. Please. More snow. Please. Great. How wonderful. See? I'm just all a-twitter. NOT! Luckily they're saying it's going to just be a light snow - no huge blizzard this time...But we still have more than enough snow for my taste still on the ground:
Ok. That's all I gots for today. I have to commence to looking about on the internets for some tall, dried branches and goodies like that for a number of arrangements for a client! Exciting, no?!!
Hope you're all having a fine New Year!
Talk at you later.



No comments:
Post a Comment