Well, my friends, that is utter bullshit! Sorry for the swearing, but, really? Do we REALLY need more snow? REALLY? I think not. This is not what was advertised when I moved to Massachusetts. This is turning into a real, live winter with really cold temperatures and waaaaaaaay too much snow for my liking. I am NOT amused.
I did manage to get a power walk in today and did a bunch of errands in advance of the friggin' arctic tundra that is going to be our world tomorrow. NOT HAPPY. Did I mention that already? That I'm not thrilled about the impending weather? I thought I'd just reiterate that in case you missed it the first time. Oy vey.
It is the proverbial calm before the storm outside right now. There is not a breath of wind, everything is still. Maybe the snow will miss us, right? Maybe there will be some sort of miracle and the Red Sea will part and Moses will lead the snow out of Egypt. That's how the story goes, right? Another Oy and another vey.
So, the good news is that I'm losing weight quite rapidly and feel so much better! I know a lot of it is water weight, as my husband and I have also stopped drinking anything with alcohol in it. Amazing, really, how many empty calories it has and also the amount of water weight one gains just by imbibing. My face looks different in just a week - puffiness is gone. So, I got that going for me!
In the world of planty-type things, I'm working on finding some interesting dried elements to go in a client's house - there are SO many to choose from!
I particularly like these, called Victorian Birch:

And natural birch:

And I really love these - silver dollar branches:
Aren't they terrific?She has 5 large planters for me to fill with branches, etc, and then a smaller one, as well...This is fun stuff - I get to let my imagination run with it!
So, that's all that's happening in the plant department at the moment. Will do a cut flower arrangement for the house soon - need to keep practice!
Hope you are all staying warm & having a happy, healthy New Year! 25 days until we go on our trip!! Woo HOO!
Talk at you soon!



I'll be thinking of you when you are shoveling the snow...cause I'll be doing the same thing. ;0)
ReplyDelete