I did manage to get four things right - Christian Bale & Melissa Leo's win, Colin Firth's Best Actor win, and Laura Linney's Best Actress in a TV Comedy or Musical. I was particularly happy for Colin Firth. I really, really adored him in The King's Speech.
More importantly, who looked good, right? Of the men, I made note of Michael Douglas (the man looked great), Robert Downey, Jr., LL Cool J, Colin Firth, Jason Gordon Leavitt, Jeff Bridges, Jeremy Renner and surprisingly, Zac Effron!
Here is Jeremy Renner (who, by the way, was AMAZING in The Town):
Just right. Head to toe. That, gentlemen, is how it's done.Best dressed couple easily goes to Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Both looked stunning:

My best-dressed list for the ladies included Megan Fox (another surprise), Sofia Vergara (not a surprise):

, Jennifer Lopez (she looked just right):
Haley Steinfeld:
THIS is how a child star should dress for the red carpet...Michelle Williams:
The only thing I would change about Michelle Williams would be her posture. In every photo, she's wearing some fierce or awesome or beautiful fashion, but her shoulders are all rolled down on her chest. Push those shoulders, BACK, Michelle! You're gorgeous!Catherine Zeta Jones (above) and Carrie Underwood.
Honorable mention and best change-up in makeup and hair in a long while goes to Emma Stone (Easy A) - I hardly recognized her!
She looks feminine and pretty and that dress color really suits her new tan!Another mention is simply for the jewelry. Helen Mirren always looks pretty fantastic - the woman is ageless. Her necklace, however, deserves an entire post of its own. The necklace was a $1.6 million dollar bauble from Cartier:
I would be SO nervous wearing that around my neck!Now is our favorite category of fashion critique - the "Excuse me?" category. There were some doozies this year. DOOZies.
First - January Jones. For a woman THIS pretty with SUCH a great body, she really has to go some to make herself look SO bad SO consistenly! MAN! So, here's the get-up for THIS award show:
All I can say is: What?Sheer ugliness. Unflattering in EVERY way. January, January, January. Please, girlfriend. You need to hire a new sylist. PRONTO.
Next we have lovely Julianne Moore. This is another girlfriend in need of a NEW stylist and a NEW designer to provide you with dresses. Lanvin IS NOT YOUR FRIEND, Julianne:
This looks sort of like a few satin potato sacks, sewn together rather clumsily, and then mistakenly caught in her necklace. This is NOT a good look. Not at ALL.Christina Aguilera. Ok. I'll give you the fact that she's been having babies, she's uber-talented and is decidedly not 20-something anymore. However, this dress is accentuating all the wrong parts:
I don't know what's happened here, but she looks puffy and not like herself...In any case, I love Christina Aguilera and hope she will hire a new stylist next time. One more thing? Get rid of the bump-it hairdo. Not flattering.Then, we have Ms. Sandra Bullock. The people with whom I was watching this year's Golden Globes would NOT believe me that THAT mess was our dear Sandra. WHAT, pray tell, was she thinking?
There is nothing about this look that is good. The hair is a disaster. The makeup? Gross. The dress? Like a gunny-sack. With barbed wire attached. Oy to the vey. I can't see the shoes. Maybe they were nice? Please, Sandra. You have a pretty face, get rid of the Goth hair and makeup and get back to your cute, wholesome image that we all adore. Can I get another Oy to the vey?The crowning achievement in HOT MESSitude, of course, goes to Helena Bonham-Carter. No one does crazy like Helena, right?
There is just so much wrong with the look that it's hard to pinpoint what is worse? The hair? The ugly mis-matched shoes? The 70s sunglasses? The hideous dress? Oh, it all just comes together in the most absolutely atrocious way!! Kudos to Helena on getting the hands-down worst dressed of the evening! It's equally as bad as when Bjork wore the dead swan dress:
And that, my friends, is a whole different level of BAD FASHION!!!Ok. That's all I gots for you.
Hope you enjoyed my post-Globes fashion roundup!
Happy Tuesday!
Ciao!



Missed most of the Awards.
ReplyDeleteLuved your roundup! :0)
And you NAILED the round up!! And what is with Bjork, Helena and Sandra? Oh, well, I'd probably wear clogs, find a dress at a thrift shop and cut my own hair...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recap!!
Do you remember that Thanksgiving I spent with Sandra Bullock's stylist, and she TRIPLE-dipped her spoon in the mashed potatoes while I was mixing them? I wonder if it is still that same rude idiot (not) styling Sandra.
ReplyDelete