This weekend was the full moon, and the vernal equinox and it's nice it's officially spring. It doesn't feel a lot like spring here yet (particularly because we're having a really delightful mixture of snow and rain and who just DOESN't love that? OY VEY.), but Spring IS on its way. As my good friend Snoop Dogg would say, "Fo' shizzle, my dizzle!"
Annnywho, yesterday I finally got around to photographing my sweet little crocuses that have bloomed in the side yard:



Aren't they just so cheerful? You just can't help but smile when crocuses are blooming in front of you. Bless their little hearts.
I was out perusing the rest of the side yard and saw signs of green here and there - the obedient plants are already poking up little leaves, the dianthus leaves are turning green and the Montauk daisies are already sprouting leaves at the base of their stalks:

Seems early to me, but I guess not. I just took a look at last March's posts and things were definitely further along last year, but we also had a really, really early spring last year - everything bloomed almost a month early. So, I guess we're on track this year for a regular growing season.
In other world news, I made a birthday cake yesterday!

Friday was my husband's little brother's 17th birthday, and then this Wednesday is my husband's birthday! I have seventy-leventy friends and relatives with birthdays in March. Apparently August is a good month for people to...how shall we put it? A good month for people to "get busy" if you get my drift!!
Hee!
Most important of all, Koty got the second round of stitches out of his neck today. I am hoping beyond hope beyond wish beyond all that is holy that PLEASE let this be the end of his ordeal!! It's been over three weeks of worry and surgery and tears and vet visits and MAN. Enough is enough already.
Any spare good thoughts you all can send this way from wherever you are would be greatly appreciated today. If we get through today and tonight and his wound stays healed up, things will be good...
Hope you're all having a good Monday.
Talk at you later!
Happy Birthday to your husband and brother-in-law. How is Koty? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will heal completely.
ReplyDeleteSadie from BBPland