Thursday, March 24, 2011

The rest of the story

So, in case you were wondering, Koty is doing really, really well. Knock on wood. The stitches in his neck came out on Monday and, so far, so good. No bursting open of wounds, no drama, no staying up all night long, no crying or strife! Yaay!

The wound is healing REALLY well and, in no time at all, the hair will be all grown in and we will hopefully forget this whole, sordid thing ever happened.

In the meantime, we are still being a little cautious with him - we don't want him to over-exert or play too hard or anything quite yet. We are still scared to leave him for a prolonged period of time and are just Nervous Nellies in general. I think once the stitches have been out a week, which will be this coming Monday, we will be able to breath easier.

In other world news, I was sad to hear that Elizabeth Taylor died. Feels like the end of an era or something. RIP.

Yesterday was the hubs' birthday, so we did whatever he wanted to do, which is usually go out and eat or something like that. This year he requested that I make his favorite cake, a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Did that on Sunday. And it's about gone already!

Otherwise, all he wanted to do was go see a movie and then have a burrito. Originally he wanted take-out Chinese food, but instead, he settled on a yummy burrito from Chipotle. If you have not had the pleasure of eating at a Chipotle yet, do your taste buds a favor and get yourself to a Chipotle, PRONTO! Fresh, delicious and their hot sauce is heavenly!

For the movie, we went to see Matthew McConaughey's new movie The Lincoln Lawyer. It was a decent enough movie. Good idea for a plot, I thought, but not all that well acted. I am not a huge fan of Matthew McConaughey's - I really don't think he's a good actor, sort of like Keanu Reeves - they play the same part over and over and over and over. Yaaawwwwn.

Now lots of the ladies (and I'm sure there are some men) think he is da bomb. As in good looking. He does not do ONE thing for me:
Now, admittedly, he's kinda cute in that image, but mostly he just looks sweaty and greasy like he needs a shower all the time. He just looks dirty and gross most of the time. Blech.

Lots of the ladies also dig Ryan Phillippe, who plays a terrible terrible villain in the movie:
I'm not feeling it. I don't know? Am I weird? I just don't understand what the hubbub is. Not my cup o' tea.

Best part of the movie was William H. Macy who is not in the movie nearly enough, and Marisa Tomei who looks DAMN good for whatever age she is. That woman gets better with age, if you ask me!! Look at her just a few days ago:
Beautiful!

So, the movie is rather rentable, but I wouldn't drop the full movie ticket price to go see this. Just sayin'.

Another little tid-bit for you? It is snowing here today. Not snow snow, thank the GOOD LORD above, because if we had gotten any accumulation of the 3.5 inches they SAID we were going to get? There would be one angry woman sitting here at this computer right now. For PETE'S sake - it's almost APRIL.

So, a message to Mother Nature or whomever is responsible for the cold, poopy weather we're having? That's enough, thank you! We're ready for spring, thank you. The crocuses are withering up from the cold - so enough of the crap, K? On with it. Spring, please!

There. I feel better.

Last for today, is this - with the caption: DID YOU LOSE THE CAT?
Be sure to click on the photo to see it bigger! It's so stinkin' adorable!

Oh my heavens, the look on the raccoon's face and the little kitty! How on EARTH did this come about? Do raccoons really carry things and walk on two legs like that? Good heavens, this photo makes me giggle! So cute!!

So, that's all I gots for this fine Thursday. Hope you are all having a lovely day!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. It's been forever since I've commented on any blog, but I'm sorry that raccoon and kitty cat just too darn adorable! And also I'm widja sistah on the men in the movies and in total agreement with the babe Marisa. Man, she doesn't age a second and she seems to be going backwards... But most importantly, Koty—I'm so glad he's doing well. I'd be Nervous Nellie too. Hang in there, Monday's two days away...xoxo, p

    ReplyDelete