Monday, March 28, 2011

The world has gone crazy

Ok. I'm really just wondering if there really is a lot more crazy sh*t happening in the world right now or if we are all just better connected and the media covers it more or something.

It seems to me that there is a WHOLE more lotta crazy going on right now than 20 years ago. Or maybe I didn't really pay attention to stuff 20 years ago because I was working 7 days a week to scrape by and I had to worry about making the $300 rent payment and pay all my other bills and then also having enough left over to actually, you know, eat!

Between all that's happened recently in Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Libya and then the crazy earthquake/tsunami/nuclear crisis in Japan and then the tsunami in Thailand and earthquakes in Haiti and New Zealand and hurricane Katrina and then huge floods in the South of the US and the huge financial crisis in the US and Representative Gabrielle Giffords being shot in the head (and six others dead) the list goes on and on and on. If you just take a gander at CNN or Huffington Post throughout the day they hardly know what the hell to focus on anymore! It's obsurd.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the BP oil spills and the shrinking of the ice caps and global warming, and then, of course, we have those crazy idiots protesting gays in the military by going to the funerals of SOLDIERS whose families have to endure the pain of not only losing their loved-one, but also having to endure these IDIOTs who are protected by free speech to spout their anti-gay vitriole.

That really just gets my goat.

So, the world has gone completely crazy.

And, on top of it? The weather sucks.

How's that for an inappropriate thing to complain about after all of those huge things up there I just listed?

But, really? The weather does suck here. It's cold cold cold and there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon. We all decided that spring might start somewhere around August. If we're lucky.

And, as long as I have you here, I may as well complain about something else that's REALLY getting my goat. And it's making me so mad I could spit. Goats and spit. Nothing worse.

The dog that attacked Koty over a MONTH ago now, is still living the life of Reilly. I have no idea who that Reilly guy was but he apparently had it really good or something.

Anyway, the dog officer has repeatedly contacted the owners of the dog to ensure they knew their obligations since they now have a dog considered a dangerous dog. More than 2 weeks ago they were served with a police order which states, among other things, that they are supposed to muzzle the dog whenever it is out in public.

Fair enough, right? Just in case the dog breaks off its leash or something, it protects any other dog from getting in harm's way.

Well, these PEOPLE (insert your own favorite insulting name) have not muzzled the dog at all. We have several friends and neighbors in the neighborhood who are seeing them on a regular basis with the dog un-muzzled.

What is wrong with them? Why would you go against a police order? And, frankly, a muzzle is not harmful or painful to the dog! To me, it seems to be an easy solution to a potentially VERY dangerous situation and I JUST.DO.NOT.UNDERSTAND. I don't get it.

So this is my day to vent here. VENT VENT VENT.

Lastly, and most importantly, it's my good friend's birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E!!!

Ok.

You are dismissed.

You can talk amongst yourselves now.

Bye!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that makes me so mad. I really hope someone reports them and they get in trouble. Unbelievable. Have they even apologized for what happened to your dog or offered to help with the medical cost.
    I am so sorry you are dealing with this, it is just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs can't pant when they wear a muzzle, but I hardly think you are heaving a heat wave from what you just described.
    Those two terrors need to be muzzled if they are loose.
    Ringy ding ding ....those DING DONGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo sorry, Lisa! I'm with you on the dog. I don't understand people, they're in lala land with their vicious dogs. We have a guy near us that's got an unneutered, 3-year-old rotti Hershey that's sooo DANGEROUS (and notice I use "that" vs. "who"...I love dogs, love them, but this one's nothing I love.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This rotti has bitten a woman and a year ago he lunged within 6" within my face about to bite — I had a hood on — it was raining...my bad. I was calm—Hershey knows me since puppy-hood, so I shook it off. He was a sweet puppy. Before he got crazy-angry, I even begged the owner to neuter him but he claimed he'd get fat, to which I said exercise would solve that...But he just kept getting worse. We thought he was gone until Sunday, my neighbor (Karen C.) and I were in the cemetery and I see the owner with Hershey. Karen's dog runs up to him and Hershey's growling at the small dog, so I go to grab the lil' guy and Hershey viciously growled at me. I got pissed. Not acceptable in a public place. Enough. I begged the owner to take his dangerous dog out of the cemetery. I had a hat on (my bad again. It was cold) so the dog goes berserk, almost pulling down the 200 lbs. man. I lost! I yelled for him to muzzle the dog, neuter the dog, he's dangerous and he's going to hurt someone, a child. It took every muscle of that man to hold the 120 lbs. rotti. But get this, the own yelled at me that I was crazy, the dog was fine, all the while this dog is foaming at the mouth, growling frantically like an attack dog and if he'd lost hold of him he would have mauled me. I suppose I was foolish, but I don't understand the ignorance and selfishness. We live in a city with children, dogs, elderly...I was shaking and finally said "I hope he bites me then you'll have to do something." I got home told Matthew and said something similar had happened to him with Hershey and was ready to run over and confront the guy. I thinking of lodging a complaint with the police... This dog would have killed me and Koty, I have no doubt... Luckily, since he's not neutered, Ellie Mae thinks he wonderful, so I never worry for her safety...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra - yes, they paid for the care, but then totally dropped the ball when it came to the things they are supposed to do to protect other dogs from their dog. They're nuts, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete