Not much exciting going on over here in the world of plants. I just have some crocus and tete-a-tetes blooming, but nothing else. It's still getting SUPER cold at night, like 30 degrees, so it's just been too cold to think about doing flowers or planting anything. I do need to clean out the back yard and the side yard - there are still a ton of leaves and twigs and stuff from the fall and winter, but I also need to finish another painting project I started last week. And, of course, I do one thing and then it makes you notice how dingy and gross another area is, so the project keeps expanding!! Ack!
Last weekend we had a fun couple of nights. We had some really good friends over to watch the March Madness games on Saturday night and got terrific sushi takeout. We also went to see a play at our local theater or "theatre" as they spell it. We're suddenly in England or something. Whatever. Anyway, it was amusing and the theater where it was done is tiny and intimate and really, quite nice because of that. Check out Salem Theatre Company - they have some interesting productions.
In other world news, I'm getting my first mammogram on Thursday. Totally freaking out about it, but will do it. Have to do it...
Many have been asking about Koty's progress, and he's doing wonderfully. Stitches are out, wound is healed up nicely, and he's back to his lively, happy self. He plays with his toys every day and has great energy for our walks and is just generally a very, very happy boy!
Now, if we could just do something for our little, rickety girl...Her arthritis is so bad in her back legs now, it's just awful. She's on a lot of meds to ease her pain, and they seem to be doing the trick for now. We tried acupuncture on her last week, but it was too much for her sensitive little self. She proceeded to poop and piddle in the house the next day - she gets overwhelmed, I think, when things change at all in the house. She likes her quiet, normal environment, and since she's a geriatric dog, we totally respect that. So, for now, she just walks VERY slowly and has to be fed from her new, elevated dog dish that makes it easier for her to reach the food...
This was the scene when I got up a few mornings ago and found her sleeping like this:
Adorable!
Ok. Enough ramblings...Must go paint!
Have a great rest of the week!
Ciao!



Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !
Sweet Sadie
OMG I'm getting my first mammogram next Thursday! Or maybe it's Friday, but it's NEXT WEEK I kid you not!
ReplyDeleteWe're like mammogram sisters now!
Saw you over on the Pie feeling all lonely because nobody reads your blog so here I am, reading.
Good luck with the squisher!
Cathy! Best of luck to you...It's a total breeze! Easiest thing I've done in a long time!!
ReplyDeleteI'll go over and visit your blog, too!!