I owe you four letters today because I have been one busy bee over here. Painting projects, garden center runs, fleurs for clients and other sundry things. Now that the weather is FINALLY sort of good (despite the raining of cats and dogs) I can finally put things into planters, pots, flower boxes and the ground. I bought myself more Solomon's Seal for the back yard (to make up for the tons of perennials I lost back there over the winter) and also got one more hosta. Much as I'm not a huge hosta fan, they work in the back yard and can take the abuse the dogs give them!!
Ok. So let's get down to business. Some weird letters today!
First up - U. U is for:
Umbrella palms! I love these little guys! They are a close relative of the beloved King Tut dwarf papyrus that I love using. I actually just ordered some more of the papyrus for my flower boxes again this season! Umbrella palms are much smaller and get about a foot tall at maximum.Next, V is for my little lovelies, violas!:
W is for:
Weigela. This is a plant I discovered whilst working at Marblehead Garden Center and I just love it. It's a shrub.X (of course we had to resort to the latin name for this one!)...
Xeranthemum. Of course. Everybody knows that, right??!!Ok. I must run. Much to do. Flowers to plant. Dogs to walk. Dishes to do. Laundry to fold.
Have a lovely Thursday, all!



A woman's work is never done. ;0)
ReplyDelete