Saturday, April 30, 2011

Y and Zeeeeeee!

I have been BUSY, my friends! Busy as a little bee! Yesterday was simply too divine to be on a computer, so I spent my time elsewhere and also got my toofies cleaned! They feel fabulous, thank you for asking! And - bonus - no cavities! I had a time there in my earlier life when my teeth were just always a mess, cavities, fillings, root canals, and on and on. Now? Perfect. All the time. Hardly even a speck of tartar when the hygenist cleans my pearly whites. She tells me I'm one of the lucky people who just doesn't get tartar. Plus I floss ALL the time due to the tooth implants that love to catch food, which is actually a blessing in disguise, as the flossing is a really good thing to do!

So what did you think of the royal wedding? I watched some of the hoopla and saw a bunch of stuff online. I think it was lovely and understated, just like that Kate girl, herself.

Today is the last installment of the A-Z blogger challenge. Tomorrow is MAY!! And you know what May means, right?

MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeee! Seriously there is something wrong with me! I'm going to be 46 years old and I'm STILL excited for my birthday!! That's not normal!

Annnyyyywhooo, here we go with the end of the alphabet!

Y. Y is for:
Yarrow! I love yarrow. It is so pretty and comes in such lovely colors and the foliage is all wispy and delicate like I like so much:
This was the yarrow just emerging a few weeks ago. It's much bigger now. This yarrow is kind of funny - I originally planted it in a completely different section of the yard, but it died there and re-seeded itself over here for some reason!! Cute!

Z is for:
Zinnias! These are so cute. I used to have a thing against them, but now I like them a lot! I don't have any in my garden, but I do like the looks of them now!

And another Z-plant I found are these lovelies:
A pretty shrub called Zenobia! Aren't they great? It's like lily-of-the-valley on steroids! I think I need to have some.

Ok. I'm off to watch the Bruins in the playoffs...Very important things to do!

Next up will have a BIG update post because the yard is HOPPING with activity right now! Lilacs are blooming! Tulips are here! Forget-me-nots have been planted! Bleeding hearts are blooming! Oh, it's all so exciting!

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment