Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lobsters and sadness

How's that for a confusing title for a post?

We are still just sad sad sacks over here. Going through the motions and seemingly okay, but for real? Nope. Not okay at all.

I've been uber sad today. It was the first day I could bring myself to vaccuum all of the hair in the house. I didn't want Koty's hair to be all gone away from our house. It sounds silly and very gross, but I just didn't want to have all the traces of him gone.

Effing dogs.

So, I cried and cried while I vacuumed, and I cried even harder when I had to move his beloved toys to get at some places. It just sucks all of the reminders of his little joyous spirit that I can no longer see in my life on a day to day basis. I have the memories, of course, but it is JUST NOT THE SAME as him howling at me wanting to go on his walk and flipping his toys all over the place in the excitement of his upcoming beloved walk or swim...He was a funny, funny boy and we laughed at him and with him...

He did this adorable thing where he'd puff out his ears all funny and then wag his head from side to side when he was extra super happy. I loved that. I knew he loved us so very much and I knew how much he knew we just adored the HELL out of him. He was so special.

So, enough with the crying right now. I've got to stop. I'm going to dry up if I cry another tear today.

As I wrote my best girlfriend over there at Bye, Bye Pie, yesterday, my words of wisdom?

Death sucks.

She said she'd have that put on my gravestone.

I think it about says it all, doesn't it?

Now, onto happier subjects. Well, i guess it's happy if you're not a lobster.

Hmmm. Happy as a clam? Yes. Happy as a lobster? Notsomuch. Not if you happen to make your way into one of our four remaining lobster traps.

Grand tally thus far? 75 LOBSTERS! And counting! We got 5 keepers today and had 4 in our live well from the last trip, so we are going to have a feast tomorrow night with some relatives! FUN!

Here is today's bounty shortly after they were caught:


Won't you enjoy my silver nail polish and toe ring?

You're welcome.

So, that's about it for today. About all I can muster.

Ima go watch some sort of terrible television and step away from the computer!! : )

Have a good weekend, all!

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Grief doesn't always come barreling straight at you.. Sometimes it just slides into a corner only to spring out and catch you unawares...
    Give yourself time... And keep holding onto the good memories !!

    ReplyDelete