Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Best at the Globes that are Golden

First, thanks for the well wishes via comments and Facebook. I appreciate it a lot. 2013 was the worst and I'm very thankful it has passed.

Now, onto the important stuff, right?

So, my four top favs at the Golden Globes were:

Lupita Nyong'o:
Perfection in every way. The color, the fit, her makeup, the minimal jewelry...Wow. Just wow.

Next favorite was Cate Blanchette:

 
She looks like a superstar. Her hair, the collar of the dress (usually not a fan of a high collar on formal dresses), the drape of the material and the BACK! Ohmygod the back of that dress! Lemme see if I can find a picture... Oh good - here's the back if you didn't see it at the show:


I am generally not down with the "business in front, party in the back" look, particularly at these types of awards shows, but this dress just worked on her and fit her body to perfection. And you could tell that she knew she looked beautiful. Another wow for me.

Next up? I just love Elisabeth Moss. I love her spunkiness and her personality. She was on Watch What Happens Live not too long ago and she really seems like a genuinely nice person. Someone I'd be happy to befriend. And the big controversy about her giving the middle finger to the stupid "mani-cam?" Really, people? This is all you've got to worry about these days? Sheesh. Annnnnyway, she looked perfect. The hair, the hair color, her minimal makeup, the jewelry, THAT dress and those teensy shoes. I loved how this fit her also gave the illusion that she is littler in the middle that she really is (not that she's big in any way - she's got the perfect body in my book). And, again, I'm generally not a fan of the high/low dress, but this is JUST right on her. I give her stylist two big thumbs up!


And lastly on the list of favorites - here we have Margot Robbie from the new Scorsese film, The Wolf of Wall Street. Holy moly! Really a perfect combination here. The makeup, the hair, and that DRESS! Generally again NOT a fan of the white dress (they can be too wedding-y) and also never a fan of the slit-up-to-there dress, but the angle of the slit and the fit of this dress make it completely un-offensive. Again, big points to the stylist on this entire look.


Honorable mentions for me were: Sarah Hyland (first, below, from Modern Family) she looked adorable and age-appropriate. And Zoe Saldana (second, below) - an interesting dress that just looked interesting on her. I liked it a lot.


 Kerry Washington, below, always looks great. She really knows how to dress.

Uma Thurmon (below) looked amazing. This picture doesn't really do her justice, but on the live show she looked spectacular. And Julia Louis-Dreyfus - WOW! (second, below) Another woman who just knows how to dress. She's also age appropriate, sexy and holy cats, she was so funny during the show!



And lastly, this was a big trend at the show, the metallic dresses. I am decidedly NOT a fan. Even Naomi Watts, who probably weighs more than my ink pen, looked like she had a tummy in her liquid-y gold dress. It's a very difficult look to pull off (like the shiny fabrics, too). In any case, the person who I think wore the best of the metallic dresses was Kate Beckinsale. Could she be any prettier? And, again, not usually a fan of the mermaid look, but this worked on her. I liked her hair and the minimal jewelry that didn't compete with the bold dress.


So, that's the big GG best of the best for me. Next up will be the "Ohmygod what was she thinking" category. There were a lot of them for me! Hope you're having a good Tuesday! 

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. I watch it and agree with you. My absolute favorite was Lupita Nyong'o. She looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete