My phone has been on the fritz for a week, I'm having a doozy of a period, my back hurts, I have a groin pull, arthritis in BOTH hands now (so fun), I have degenerative disc disease in my back and neck, my husband mistakenly head-butted me right on my nose as he was turning over in bed yesterday morning (OWCH) and I just got the nastiest set of messages from a certain person on facebook trying to make me feel GUILTY for not calling one of my relatives.
Well. Let's see.
I live in effing Alaska.
Do I have phone service in Alaska?
No.
Why, you ask?
Well, Apple sent me an "update" for my phone. That little gem of a thing made my phone do very bad things and completely locked my phone out. So, I can't UNLOCK it and I also cannot ACTIVATE my new AT&T service unless I go and visit one of the other states in the goddamn United States.
Now I've learned on facebook that others are all having issues with their phones, as well.
Just so happens I'm heading to Massachusetts in October, so once I enter into Seattle, I should hopefully miraculously have phone service again. Unbelieveable.
So, that said - can I make a phone call right now?
NOOOOOO! I CANNOT!
So, hey there Miss Guilt Trippy person. F*CK *FF.
Unreal.
Does the phrase "Mind your own business" mean anything? Ever heard of that?
And, last I checked, phones work in both directions. If my relative wanted to speak with me? HE. IS. CAPABLE. OF. USING. A. TELEPHONE.
Oh, I'm just all in tither about that little exchange on facebook. I kept saying "I HAVE NO SERVICE" and she kept right on saying how it just "breaks her heart" when she asks my relative if he's heard from me and he says, "No...maybe tomorrow..."
Good LORD.
I just talked to him for an hour on Sunday.
Oh, I'm pissy.
So, today's lesson? MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
The other lesson? You do YOU, and I'll do ME.
Another lesson? Don't try to guilt other people. It's a type of control and it's bully-ish and frankly, you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about.
And the FINAL lesson? If you're so goddamn perfect, why your life be so messed up?
The worst part of all of this is I feel terrible for her. She's pregnant. AGAIN.
The father of this child - who she is about to marry - is a guy who's been arrested on domestic violence charges.
More than once.
And those are just a couple of things with her.
And SHE'S worried about my phone call frequency?
Riiiight.
I'd rather say she's got bigger effing fish to fry, wouldn't you?
So. There's that.
In an effort to feel better (which I do now), I will leave you with a couple glam pics from my trip to Columbus Air Force Base, where they had the MOST beautiful Air Force Military Ball! It was really something else. I danced the night away with their incredible band and all my relatives that I love so very much! Here are pics from the graduation day and that night:
![]() |
| This is decidedly not from the Columbus visit! This is my co-pilot, Phoebe! We were on our way home from Seward when I took this. |
![]() |
| My crazy, wonderful cousins! Both are pilots now for the Air Force, flying C-17s! So COOL! Bless them both! |
![]() |
| Doesn't this look like Snoopy? I love this picture! |
![]() | |
|
![]() |
| One FIIIINE looking group, if I do say so myself! |









Feels good to vent, doesn't it! (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete