Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Black and white and gray

So, this is gonna probably be inflammatory to some of the people who may decide to watch the below Jon Stewart recent broadcast regarding Ferguson and the "reporting" by Fox News.

If you don't want to see it or hear it, I'd suggest you don't watch this because it truly points to the racial divide that still exists here in the United States.

And you probably don't want to read the rest of what I'm about to say here. Nobody's forcing you to come here and read this, remember...So I don't want to hear it if you don't agree! It's my opinion and my blog and frankly, I only really write this to get it out of my head.

Also, too? My Mom is married to a black man. When I was growing up Sidney Poitier was the high standard to which all other men were compared. And I love me some Denzel and Lenny Kravitz? Good LORD Lenny is so damn sexy it sort of hurts. Obama ain't too shabby either (but I love Michelle more so she needn't worry).

I've dated me men of all sorts of nationalities and colors. Jamaican, Norwegian, Irish, Jewish, Swiss, Peruvian, Scottish, Kenyan...I really don't care what your color is if you treat me well, have a good sense of humor and a good brain, I'm probably gonna give you the time of day.

I find men of every color very enticing, so I get to blab about this.

Here comes the ranty part - just as a warning:

If you think for ONE minute that black people and white people are treated equally everywhere in the USA? I'd suggest you take off your blindfold and pay attention. Go visit the deep south and see what you find.

Al Sharpton and Obama and Eric Holder are NOT the problem. They are not racial inciters or racial "arsonists" whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

They are pointing out a continuing issue in the United States which is racism and bigotry.

The white person talking head on Fox News calling this kid a thug? And who the HELL cares what Donald "the rug" Trump has to say about racial relations? Since when do we care what that self-congratulatory noodlehead has to say?

Who the hell are these people to judge Michael Brown like that? Did you know him? Do you know his parents? Do you think that killing a kid after he stole petty things from a convenience store is justified?

Is taking a life the same thing as stealing a pack of gum? 

Was he armed? Was there any evidence that he harmed or threatened that police officer who, by the way, gets to just go on with his life? Some people contend that he will be haunted by "having" to take the life of this young black man.

Well, didja see his interview? He's got ZERO regrets. Said he'd do the same thing all over again.

It was chilling watching him be interviewed by George Stephanopoulos. He was just so matter-of-fact about killing an unarmed kid. Here's the interview in case you wanna fact-check.

It sure doesn't seem that he's feeling all that scarred by killing a teenager.

If your kid - yes, you there WHITEY - if your kid stole something petty from a convenience store (I did that when I was a kid, too) and the "justice" is that some adult person with a gun SHOOTS your kid dead, wouldn't you be upset? Wouldn't you demand that that adult person may have had other options? Wouldn't you want "justice" for your dead child?

Well, this is not just a race issue is it? It's a justice issue. And if we can't CLEARLY admit that this kid died because he is black then we're all more blind than I thought.

I'm afraid that discrimination is alive and very dysfunctionally unwell in the United States.

Here's a nice link that details the extent of the racial divide in the United States.

Tackle a campaign to make the world suck less

Here's Jon:

No comments:

Post a Comment