This ties into a charity event that just happened last night that benefitted The Bean's Cafe and Children's Lunchbox. I've talked about these wonderful people before, but I guess more can always be said.
I've heard some people talk, with utter disdain, about "filthy homeless" people. Wow. And calling them drunks or drug addicts and losers and a string of other terrible, nasty things.
(The main issues are actually people - FAMILIES - losing their homes because we bail out banks and not people and then there's the mental illness issues that go untreated.)
I've heard ignoramus people refer to black people as "thugs" and hispanics as "lazy." Frankly, those are some of the nicer terms I've heard. I've heard people say Indian people are "dirty" and Native Americans have "a genetic propensity to drink."
All of those things? Are bullshit.
I have black friends, hispanic friends, Indian friends (who are, by the by, collectively some of the loveliest people I've ever come to know) and Native American friends. I've even got friends from Australia, the Northwest Territories in Canada, New Zealand, The British Virgin Islands, Honduras, Scotland, Ireland, England, Germany, South Africa, The Sudan, Peru...you get the picture.
The world is really a cool place and, in general,
people are really decent and kind except for the assholes.
And assholes come in every color and ethnicity.
But so do GOOD people come in every color and ethnicity.
But it certainly doesn't define an entire race or group of ethnic people.
How many of you have been to Africa? Asia? Europe?
Until you do that, sir or madam, you do NOT get to form an opinion of someone just because some FOOL on Fox News or wherever you get your "news" or so-called "information" tells you that black people are thugs or that hispanic people are lazy. Good LORD. So stupid.
I was talking with this ignoramus jerk who I met at the Millenium Hotel bar (it's beautiful and overlooks the seaplane port here - super neato), who, of COURSE, was hitting on me because he's an idiot and liked to ignore the fact that I wear a wedding ring and was COMPLETELY uninterested in him.
Well, this noodlehead continued to try to impress me by showing me a picture of his good friends, Bill O'Reilly and Dennis Miller. I think Dennis Miller is brilliant but the other one there? He's a f*cking clown and a dangerous one at that.
So, Mr. Ignoramus continued talking to me and spouting his vitriole about one group of humans after another. Then we got on the subject of gay people. Do you know what this assh*le had to say? Well, you can imagine that it was not nice and I of course shot him down pretty swiftly with my liberal tongue armed with several sharp talking points, informing him about the fact that the loosely 100 of my closest buddies in Massachusetts are gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual, queer and questioning. And that there are people who are completely asexual or a little of both sexes due to some twisty bendy strange things that our chromosomes can do in vitro.
People. Are. Born. That. Way.
It's not a "lifestyle choice." What the fuck does that mean? Am I female because of a "lifestyle choice?"
Grow up people. Chromosomes make your body and brain do things with these nifty things called GENES and then we have these other things called HORMONES that direct our behavior along with NEURONS. Yes, there are environmental factors that play into this stuff, but if you've not read E.O. Wilson's work on Sociobiology, then you kind of don't get the whole picture.
Science works. Give it a try, jerk face.
See, when you know people and you are nice to them and you don't give a flying F*CK WHO they f*ck or HOW they f*ck or what color they are, it kind of puts you on equal footing.
I don't go around announcing the odd things that my husband and I do in our bedroom. (Hi Mom and Dad!) My Mother's hair would curl or stand on end. And my Dad? He'd probably have a heart attack. (Sorry Mom and Dad!)
In any case, I do NOT care what color you are, what your past was like (people actually CAN change), and who you have sex with. As long as everyone's on the same page, as it were, and there is mutual consent going on - most importantly the consent part - then that's all fine and dandy. If people love each other, they should marry them. Remember, it used to be illegal for a white and a black person to even SIT together much less marry each other. My Momma is married to a black man. If she's happy and he's happy, who is anyone else to tell them what they can or cannot do? Same rule should apply to everyone. It's right there in the Preamble of our Constitution.
And it's not just race and stupid stereotypes and gays that are being given the proverbial shaft.
Well, let me tell you, we all have a common "enemy" and I don't like using that word. We all have a common "oppressor" and that is rich, white, ignorant America.
I used to jokingly attribute anything bad that happened to "The MAN keepin' me down." I don't think it's funny any longer. It's gone too far and it's turning dangerous just for a black person to fucking even leave their houses. NOT because of street violence, but because whitey can shoot you dead for absolutely no good reason. That's fucked up.
From Eric Zuesse, an Investigative Historian, writing an article I found in the Huffington Post - and he is quoting from the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Data book:
"The United States has such an unequal distribution of wealth so that it's in the league of corrupt underdeveloped countries, no longer in the league of the developed nations, according to the latest edition of the world's most thorough study of wealth-distribution."
You can Google the statistics if you want, but it'll make you nauseous. It makes me nauseous and I'm not poor by any standard.
So my rant can end now, as it's Friday and I'm tired of the bullshit. I'm really tired. Smarten up, people. Be nice to each other, and for the sake of all that is holy and good and whatever you do or don't believe in during this holiday season, stop voting for rich, white assholes who have nothing better to do than screw the middle class, the poor, the homeless, women, LGBTQ people and people of color.
ENOUGH with the Dan Sullivans and Don Youngs and Ted Cruzs and these laughable jerks that we give power and and more money so that they can turn around and screw up our environment and take away our "inalienable" rights. We have to fight for ourselves - We The People - because it turns out the corporate guys like the Koch Brothers and Walmart and Donald Trump?
They clearly don't care about the rest of us. We the 98%...
The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States has CLEARLY been forgotten by many in our Congress and they are abusing their power and it just ain't okay...
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Enough.
Thank you for reading and commence being kind.



No comments:
Post a Comment