Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Things I love

Am feeling a little bit better today, thanks for asking! Even though yesterday I had to do more activities than I had wanted, I got some good, solid sleep thanks to my leetle blue fren, Nyquil! That junk works!

Anyway, I thought I'd be all like Oprah and do a "Things I Love" post like she has in her magazine. That woman has got to have more money than the entire population of Africa. Seriously.

Ok. So, the obvious things I'm not going to list like family, my dogs, gardening, boating, cute animals, the ocean, and, of course, fleurs! We all know that I love those things, right? Right. K.

So, the strange things I love? Here we go!

Hardware stores. I have always and will always love them. There is just so much promise in there, right? SO many possibilities with the paint and the fertilizer and the sand paper and the varnish and such. LOVE them.

Garden centers. Again, with the fleurs, but I LOVE going there. I don't even necessarily have to need anything, I just can't get enough of those places.

Any craft store, any time. Bead places, paint places, doo-dads and gee-gaws and, again, the possibilities! So fun!

A clean kitchen sink. The rest of the house can be all hairy and in a bit of disarray, but if the kitchen sink has nary a dish in it and is clean? I'm satisfied.

A full pantry and stocked fridge. I do not understand how people can carry on if they do not have all the essentials in their homes. Those people with, you know, empty space in the fridge? How do you do that? I have never, ever had an empty fridge in my entire adult life.

The smell of gasoline. Love that smell. I'm sure I have lost several brain cells from smelling the gas fumes as I fill up my car!

The taste of regular Pepto-Bismol. I have no idea. It's weird.

And lastly, I LOVE really, good, down and dirty, greasy, lard-ridden (I'm sure) Mexican food. There is nothing better.

And now some of the things that I do NOT love?

Pears and watermelon. Pppplllllllthhhhh. Oh, the graininess and the texture. I'm seriously making a face right now thinking about it.

Most nuts. Texture, people. TEXTURE. Icky icky icky! I do love cashews, peanuts and pistachios. You all can have the rest. Blech!

Emeralds. They are my birth stone. They are a precious gem. I do not like them. Gimme a sapphire or diamond. No emeralds.

Any red flower. No NO NOOOOOOOO! Anything but red, please. I'll even do orange! No red. Ever.If someone sent me this? I'd have to give it away.

Any red clothes. I hate hate hate having red on my body. It makes me feel all hooey.

The sight of raw chicken. EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! And touching it? OHMYGOD. I totally get OCD and have to wash my hands 57 times if I've even brushed my hand against raw chicken. I've got the heebeejeebees just thinking about it!

And last, but not least? Fennel. Or anise. Good heavens to mergatroid who on earth wants to eat that crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment