So, if you read yesterday's post, you saw that I had to attend a retirement party for a good friend of mine. I adore this woman. She's 67 and just SO vivacious and funny and witty! Of course, for her retirement gift, I did up a pretty planter! Which, of course, means that I had to go to my most favorite place, Marblehead Garden Center! Yipppppeeeeeeeee!
Even though it was in the 90s, I had myself a good time! Not only did I buy a pretty planter and 10 lovely plants to go in it, I also did some shopping for perennials for a client of mine! Oh, I had a good time amongst all the pretty plants in bloom! And, of course, I bought myself a few things. Hello? Have you met me? I simply am unable to go anywhere near plants for sale without buying at LEAST one. Or three. Or six, in this case. Oy. I'm hopeless! I know!
Here are the fruits of my toils from yesterday...Said planter and plants:
And here are the plants I got for my client; an evening primrose:
Pinkish day lilies, a pink hydrangea, solomon's seal and tall phlox:
And last, but not least, a white wisteria that is growing like a weed!
And, of course, I had to buy me a few goodies, as I mentioned. I got 6 balloon flower plants. Do you know these?
You may ask, but why do they call them balloon flowers? Looky!
OK. That's all for today. You're dismissed. Bye!



Like yourself I can't walk out of a nursery without buying a plant.
ReplyDeleteThen there is the task of finding a place to plant it.
Somehow.........I do. ;0)