Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Odds and ends

Today's weather is strange. It sort of looks like rain, but the weather forecast has no rain in it for today. To paint or not to paint? That is the question. I have to paint the trim around the windows on our boat. They were all cracking and peeling, so last year I sanded them all down, filled them in with different fillers and then primed them. I have been meaning to paint them for forever, but the weather doesn't cooperate on the days I plan on doing it! I think I'll just go ahead and chance it today since it's not blazing hot sun out there.

For a complete and utter, non-segue, the tomatoes are coming in nicely! Lookit how many there are!Aren't they cute?

Also, in the pot where I grew arugula this spring? It has started growing again! Is it supposed to do that? I thought it was a spring thing and then it was over? Huh.See all those little sprouts?

Next to that pot on the bench is the birdbath I was talking about the other day:Isn't that so nice? The woman who made this birdbath makes lovely mosaic tables, platters and birdbaths, and is also an excellent artist with oils. I have three of her paintings, two on wood block and one on canvas:


You might notice that "EXIT" sign there on the right? Our house used to be a restaurant, so we kept some of the funky elements like the "Ladies" sign on our bathroom near the bar and we have exit signs and function room names posted in certain places! It's a fun place to live, what can I say?

I have these three painting hanging together on a post that we found when we renovated the kitchen 6 years ago.

We found lots of cool things like beams, posts and strapping that are from the original part of our house which was built in 1800. VERY cool! Until the renovation, I had an industrial kitchen with a huge vented hood, three pizza ovens, a vulcan stove and even a salamander and commercial dishwasher! It was funky, but totally nonfunctional - no counter space and NO storage. We kept our dishes and glassware in the pizza ovens, for instance!

Ok. That's all I've got for today. Sadie is INSISTENT that she needs a walk IMMEDIATELY! Have a fine Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! ;0)
    Sweat was pouring off me while I was out there feeding my garden.
    Took a few pictures for my tomorrow's post.
    Love your description of what is in your home. It's surely a conversation maker. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Female! Thanks for your comment! Our house is totally strange and fun and whimsical!

    I just got done trimming back a bunch of trees/bushes that were severely overgrown and was sweating out there! At least it's not sunny and not as hot today!

    Happy Gardening! I'll be sure to check out your blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa! Thanks for visiting my blog and encouraging me to start one! And your plant-critters look spectacular especially those tomatoes... And Arugula, may try to plant some me-self.

    ReplyDelete