HOLY SEARING HEAT! It's ridiculous over here!
It's 93 degrees. And humid.
Even some of my tropical plants, like the papyrus are saying "Would someone PLEASE turn the heat off? For a few minutes? PLEASE?!!!" They have been getting wilty with this heat. It's not lack of water, it's because it's BLAZINGLY hot hot hot.
Man. Have I mentioned the warmness?
The only thing saving us from mimicking hell-on-earth is the breeze. Thank you, breeze, for showing up today!
Ok. Enough complaining. Onto the pretties!
The tropical hibiscus that I inherited from my husband's step-mom is QUITE happy:
Gigantor the butterfly bush continues to grow ever upward. Here it is from the front of the house:
The flower boxes are still plugging along. Luckily the pony-tail grasses love this weather, so they have really become the main focus of them:
The phlox/tomato/yarrow garden bed is just going crazy right now! The phloxes are blooming their faces off:
And, of course, on the right is Sadie. My eternal shadow!
That's all I gots for today. I now have to go try to look presentable for a retirement party for a good friend of mine...I sure hope sweat is fashionable! : )



Never have I seen a Butterfly bush that BIG.
ReplyDeleteWOW!
Can't show it to hubby cause I killed mine.
He misses it.
He keeps forgetting it's gone & occasionally asks me again where it is.
Or does he remember & is bustin my ??? ;0)
Agree neighbor...HOT,HOT,HOT !
Female, I think your husband is busting your chops!!
ReplyDeleteGo buy another butterfly bush and plant it without him knowing and then he can stop bugging you! That huge one I have? I bought it at the grocery store for like 9 dollars! Best 9 dollars I ever have spent! : )